Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Went from Rhodes town to Marmaris, Turkey this year, It cost €53, this includes the price of visa into turkey. Takes just about 1 hr to get there, not sure if you can go from Lindos.. I don't think so though.
Trips to Turkey are only from Mandraki harbour in Rhodes Town.Not sure but I think it's only on the hydrofoil. HTH. Anne
Thanks for that.

I'm getting married in Rhodes next year, and the mum-in-law is going on about travelling over there. I'm getting her a rough price and hopefully she'll get bundled into one of those famous Turkish Rugs and never seen again. :lol:

FD
Another quick question.

When in Turkey will they readily accept Euros? I was in Turkey last year and they always liked Lira or English Pounds.

FD
Hi FD

I'm a regular on the Turkey forum and came across your query. The answer is that they do like Sterling but you won't have a problem paying in euros. Fact is they prefer anything to their own currency. That said their currency is due to change next year to the 'new Turkish lira' which in effect is dropping off all the zero's i.e. instead of 1.000.000 tl it will be 1.0ntl. I'm certain however they will still be glad of the euros.

Wilson :wink:
hi fd1972uk, just wondered where in rhodes are you marrying, and when?
We are travelling to Ixia on 28th may 05 and marrying at the monastery.
No, you can book the trip in Lindos (including coach transfer) but the hydrofoil/ferries leave from Rhodes Town. You're just aswell to book through a travel office or rep in resort as you'd have to get a taxi for the early morning departure and the cost of this will wipe out any saving you might make going privately (unless of course you've hired a car).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.