Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
You can get a boat trip to Fuengirola, around the coastline. I think it's about 10 euros return per adult although prices may have gone up and takes about an hour each way.

There are quite a few dolphin trips from the Marina, you just have to go down there and you can book one on the spot.
Thanks for the info. Hope to see some dolphins.
There are many boating trips from the Marina ranging from fishing trips to dolphin spotting, the prices range depending on season, they are all good value for money we went on one last year it was a yacht which took you out to see unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins maybe wrong time of year it was may, the trip cost 15€per person plus a drink of wine or beer we all enjoyed the experience
Sounds good, thanks. I wonder when the best time of year is to see the dolphins?
Hi Louise,

We hired a cabin cruiser from the Marina, it was called the Corfu. We were 5 of us and I think it cost about £60 for the half day.

The owner/driver/captain? ( not sure what you would call him!) was in radio contact with other boats and we quickly picked up news of a dolphin sighting so he headed out to where they were. It was amazing. They played around the boat, jumping all round us, totally fantastic, something I will never ever forget. There were 2 different types of dophins in roughly the same area.

After we headed off, the owner (I'll settle for calling him that!) spotted some other dolphins - they were huge. I wasnt convinced they werent sharks :yikes . They all came round the boat too and I have to admit my heart was in my mouth. I thought one bump from these guys and the boat will go over! The owner said it was unusual to spot them, especially as many as there were round us. He said that while in the past he'd gone into the water with the first lot of dolphins, these you wouldnt - not because they werent friendly but just the sheer size of them. Being totally honest I was a bit relieved when they swam away ;)

If its of any help, we were on hols the first week of May, and we hired the boat from 9am til 2pm.
Sounds good Del, thanks for the info. I'm with you, nice to see them up close but I would have been worried if they were that big!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.