Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Jaimec - Have a look at my video of our off road safari in Troodos (back in 2004) - You must bare in mind that each company and each driver will take different routes, stop for different things etc... but this will give you a taste of it !

Video Lib - Cyprus - Jeep Safari Troodos

I've been a few times and would keep going again and again....

Steve
Not to sure about the troodos trips because my dad takes us up there in his car but there is a boat trip i can reccomend, its with Captain Panikos, ( the rising sun pub end of the beach ) i dont think you can book online but the trip starts leaving protaras at 11am and travels around up to cape greco , ayia napa etc.. and stops at cape greco for half hour or so for a dive off and a swim in the georgous sea! , while relaxing on the boat people come round with greek samples, sweets free juice for the kids / wine for the adults.
Last year the prices were for kids £3.50 and adults £6.00 and is also well worth it! would reccomend this trip to anyone.

CourtneeLouise.x
Thanks for the replies! I will check that video out later, I can't access it in work :(

I will also look out for that boat trip too.
Thanks a lot!!
AskCy wrote:
Jaimec - Have a look at my video of our off road safari in Troodos (back in 2004) - You must bare in mind that each company and each driver will take different routes, stop for different things etc... but this will give you a taste of it !

Video Lib - Cyprus - Jeep Safari Troodos

I've been a few times and would keep going again and again....

Steve

Got a look at your video, scarey stuff to me :yikes but I still want to do it :lol: How long was the trip approx? Did you take some snacks etc with you.

I think some travel sickness tablets and some valium would be in order though ;) :lol:
The safari usually collects you from your hotel. When we went it was a 7.30 am pick up (we were one of the first in Pernera and then went on to Ayia Napa to collect others). Approximately 10 in the landrover. Arrive back 5ish absolutely shattered. You stop off in a couple of villages where you will get a sample of "Zirvania - fire water" and wine. Take water with you although it won't stay cool for long and some small snacks. Bit uncomfortable in the landrover as those in the back sit sideways on hard seats and there's not much leg room. You don't get to see a lot on route to the Troodos but there are plenty of stops in the mountains and once you go off road the views are stunning. We had a mini meze at lunchtime with wine which is welcome as you can nod off on the way home. Went to the top of Mount Olympus, called at Leftkara to see the lace making (expensive if you want to buy), Kykkos monastery which is absolutely beautiful and a waterfall (don't think Niagara!!) where you could cool off. Lovely smell in the mountains of herbs. It is a very tiring day but so well worth doing.
very similar, we were picked up about 7-8am, and set off... on route we stopped at a roadside place and sampled several different sorts of Cypriot pastries and pies, had a drink etc (I think we paid for the drinks but not the food)..(might I add on our earlier visit with a different driver we went to a different coffee shop where we chose to try Cypriot coffee... now I'm awake !!)..
Going up the mountain you stop to see many different sights (one of the stop offs, not showing what you see though!, places of interest (you might depending on which company and driver go here, a dip in a lake, a full (to bursting) meze lunch, we visted Lefkara (out in the streets picture), carried on higher and higher seeing more things (statues high up in the mountains ) and fantastic views (one of many great views )... we came back around 5pm buzzing and full of the joys....

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.