Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bodrum airport
64 Posts
Hiya,

Bodrum airports main flights day for Uk flights is Monday (all day from very early morning til late night), so yes, it will be busy. Having said that, a lot of the smaller regional Uk airports don't start their flights to Bodrum until mid May, so you might find there are only a couple of flights in around the same time as yours.

The shops at Bodrum airport will be open, but bear in mind that you will going to the arrivals hall, which only has 2 or 3 duty free shops, a change office, a car hire office and the public toilets. Its all in the same area as the 3 or 4 luggage carousels in the arrivals hall.

Elaine
  • Edited by Elaine 2005-04-06 13:22:52
Monday tends to be Bodrum airport's busiest day of the week, with most charter aircraft landing that day (and usually at similar times). The shops in arrivals will be open. It should be quite busy as well, but this will depend on whether the baggage handlers are working fast or slow that evening!!

Karen
Hi,
Thanks for that. Our flight out back to Manchester 2 weeks later is at approx 1 am, is it the same going back as to how busy it is and the shops being open :?:
Thanks
Yep,

Same thing going back, only far more duty free shops in the departures lounge!
Try and take something with you for a snack at the airport while you're waiting for your flight, because the prices at the airport for food and drinks is extortionate :evil: .

Elaine
Hi Elaine,

Good tip,

Have to save some pennies for last minute shopping then :pele

Paula
yes like elaine says.. very expensive!!

try £4 for a can and a mars bar!!! :evil:
It's that time again. :pele to book our next trip out to Turkey :love2

This time we are looking to visit the Altinkum area. I have found some flights that suite into Bodrum Airport.

Any info on the airport, would be appreciated.

Regards
The Orange one :oops:
What kind of info are you looking for Orange?

Elaine
Hi,
Could you tell me a few things about the airport in Bodrum.
Is there a long walk from the aircraft stands to the passport control?
How long does it take from departing the aircraft to reclaiming your luggage?
On departing Bodrum airport coming home, is there plenty of seating as I have had terrible experiences with poor inadequate seating at airports in Greece especially.
Hiya,

You don't get to walk to the airport from your aircraft - you have to take the bus (even if the airport is only a few feet away from where your plane stops).
It doesn't take long for the luggage to come out - but you will have a delay of at least half an hour between leaving the plane and getting through visa and passport control, then you get your baggage.
Theres not enough seating in the departures lounge on the way home - usually there are at least 4 flights full of people waiting there to be called to the gate.

All part of the Turkish holiday experience :wink: !

Elaine
So how many stands does the airport actually have?
I have heard mixed things, is this a new airport or is this an older airport in the area.
What is the airport and facilities like there?
Hi Sue,

Theres some stuff about Bodrum airport here -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=43309

The airport opened in 1997 I think, certainly no earlier than that for charter flights from the UK. Its a smallish airport, custom-built for the tourism business.

Elaine
Sue - Bodrum airport is rather small but modern - usual sky high prices though !.

Toffeemen
The airport is fairly modern and clean, but just a word of advice when you depart, try and take water and snacks with you as the cafe facilites are fairly poor in quality and very expensive in price.

Hope this info helps. :D
airport is small, you may struggle to find a seat but there is duty free shop.
In addition to what other people have said above, they are hot on overweight cases on your return. We were fined £30. This was 2 years ago but am in no doubt this still applies.
Have to say that arriving at Bodrum is much better than when we used to have to land at Izmir and then have a 4 hour transfer ('Sir' loved it, but I was always travel sick by this time.). There is duty free shopping in the baggage hall and we usually find that the bags come off a lot quicker than at Manchester!. I agree with the other advice though - on your return journey take snacks and water with you as the prices are ridiculous!!!! Have a great time.
I wish Dalaman airport was the same as BODRUM for it's easy entry and exit, but regretfully the inhouse prices seem to be the same where ever you fly into or out from in Turkey. The advice is VERY SOUND take all your eats and drinks with you from your resort to the airport, you won't be sorry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.