Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My impression of Gumbet is full of concrete and full of young Brits.
Take a look at Bitez. Much better
Thanks Inca, is it that bad. What about the cost of eating out etc in Bitez :)
Well it looked that way when I last passed through.
Plenty of sea front restaurants to choose from in Bitez and a nice beach.

Out of the 2 I would choose Bitez every time. But that's just my take on the 2 resorts. Other people may think different.

As always, research, research, research!
Gumbet is not full of concrete and young Brits! There are certainly no high rise buidlings there.

It is a lively resort popular with young Brits but there are older people, couples and families too. There are also people from all nations.

There are plenty of good self catering apartments, Siesta Beach and Tropicana are good, as are Greenhouse, Ozukara and Seray Class. Prices for eating out are reasonable, you can find very cheap to quite expensive and plenty in between.

Bitez is also a lovely resort, much quieter and more laid back and has a better beach.

It depends on what you are looking for in a holiday.
There a lot of better places in Bodrum than Gumbet. Unless you want bars and cheap drinks and benidorm type place.
Benidorm is a huge resort that caters purely for the British, it has huge high rise hotels and is nothing like Gümbet, which is fairly small.
Gümbet may not be everyone's choice but it is a nice resort and people don't just go for cheap drinks and bars, there are plenty of families who go there too.
If the OP likes Icmeler I am sure she would like Gümbet too.
From a personal point of view.

I would avoid Gumbet like the plague.

The thought of being a lively resort with young Brits, with cheap drinks, sends shudders down my spine.

Bitez for me every time. But not this year.
You said you had only passed through so you will only have seen the main street, there is much more to Gümbet than that. I never spend my time with young Brots or drinking cheap booze when I am there.

I love both Gümbet and Bitez.
I am far from young and spent 2 lovely holidays in Gumbet with friends who were in their 70s.
The only reason we haven't returned is the hotel went all inclusive which we don't do in Turkey.
The hotel was on the beach and there were some lovely restaurants nearby.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.