Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bodrum
10 Posts
Are you planning on staying in Bodrum or one of the resorts?

Bodrum town is nice but there isn't much of a beach. There are plenty of different resorts you could choose from depending in what kind of holiday you are after. Tell me a bit about what you want and I will see if I can point you in the right direction of where to stay :)
Hi Kedi,

Somewhere that does not have a long transfer time, as my lad gets coach sick :mrgreen:

Close to beach and also a good selection of bars/restaurants to eat out in evening.

Last time was in Icmeler, which was really nice, but about a 2 hour transfer from Dalaman and as his mum's not coming this time, i dont want to be holding a sick bag! lol

Thanks
If you are looking for a fairly lively resort Gümbet may suit you. It is 1 hour by coach transfer but if your son is coach sick you may prefer to look into a private transer, which will only be 45 minutes.

If you prefer something a little quieter the next resort on is Bitez, just 5 minutes further.
Have to agree with Kedi! If you want lively bars and night life then Gumbet is your best bet.

Bodrum is a great place to visit, the castle, mausoleum (one of the seven wonders of the ancient world) , shopping etc. but may not suit your son!
Bitez is a lot quieter but has plenty of bar/restaurants for evenings etc. It is only a 15 min. dolmus ride from Bodrum town so can still benefit from all the attractions there.
if you are both energetic you can walk to Gumbet (or vice versa)
Thanks guys!

want a good choice of places to eat in the evening as always go S/C, like a few beers in the bars but not into clubbing, in other words not dead quiet, but with a bit of atmosphere.

Went to Icmeler few years ago and that was about right.

Regards.

J.
Maybe Bitez then, there is a good choice of restaurants and you can have a few drinks without it being too lively. It has a great atmosphere and if you fancy going out for a livelier night Gümbet is just 5 minutes away by taxi.
I will throw in Dalyan, 30 minute transfer from Dalaman.

Set on a river with easy access via gentle water taxi or dolmus to a lovely beach. Plenty of shops along with bars & restaurants ranging from a couple of music bars (not disco's) to very sedate little bars / restaurants down on the riverside.

It has a nice easy going feeling and a good little buzz while still managing to hold on to the feel of a small Turkish resort.

A very safe resort where I am sure you would feel comfortable in giving your son some freedom to do his own thing.

Several good supermarkets to choose from and a large market on Saturdays.

I think this should open a small slideshow :D
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/big-graham/slideshow/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20GRAHAMATWELL-PC/Dalyan

Graham
Bodrums pretty small, so everywhere on the peninsula is within 1 hour transfer which is great :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.