Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unfortunately, a couple of replies have had to be removed from this topic in order to protect our legal interests. While the members concerned were undoubtedly trying to be helpful, the websites being linked to contained libelous comments about the company in question, for which we could also be held responsible by permitting links.

David :wave
Google the web domain and you will see there's a facebook group for others that have had the same experience. Some sites like tripadvisor still have links to holiday watchdog and the Facebook page.

HT Mods removed my previous post with links.
The website does not have any geographic address. Just and email address for 'contact us'. Even the UK numbers are actually numbers diverted abroad.

No good to you now but in the future do not use an overseas booking site that only has telephone and email contacts (like this site). Use a site with a geographic address and possible a registered office if it is a UK limited company - this means you can check details of a UK Limited company at Companies House on their website http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Previous post was Xpost with mods
The website is registered to a company called Ozar Turizm Ltd with an address in Istanbul!
I booked with them in March and the first thing I knew anything was wrong was when I tried to check into my hotel in London on Thursday. They had cancelled it in May and not informed me or refunded me my money. This was very stressful as it was for the U2 gig which meant no rooms anywhere near Wembley and I hadn't suspected anything as it was a .co.uk web address. I'll be claiming through my credit card and sticking to web sites I know from now on.
3 weeks on and still no refund, am only rcvg replies via e mail, the latest saying that their bank is now handling all refunds and no date as to when I may get refund.

Credit card company saying section75 (thats the one that protects your money !!) does not apply to travel agents !

Anyone else had this problem ?
"As we have informed you previously, your reservation has been cancelled due to our financial problems."

Direct quote from Book in Hotels Customer service.
watch out for the above website, they've take our money but have not paid the hotel
I've booked. I am trying to get my money back but not holding my breath, and they ar still taking bookings. :whoops
????....section 75 not covering travel agents.....so why is it that a lot of the latest victims of failed travel agents have recently been re-embursed by their credit card companies when they hadnt been protected via abta as not having paid for a true package......go back to credit card company ....some thought they werent liable to refund when travel agent was recipient of money for goods or services that were not then supplied......but they are
ps....they werent only liable for deposits people had paid with the card ......but for whole cost of holiday that was lost.....when balance had been paid by other means
sec 75 covers Package holidays NOT built holidays so anyone offering a flight/hotel and optional transfers are not covered

as i found to my regret.. i now only use long established companies for built holidays

wiz
# You can claim if the supplier hasn't gone bust as long as you can prove there has been a breach of contract or misrepresentation.

surely this is a case of some one not supplying the service they offered.....by not paying for the hotel room but actually canceling it....the cash was paid to book hotels by the credit card company ....who did not use it for the purpose it was given....at best misrepresentation at worst fraudulently acquiring money.....disputed transaction could have been used if within the set time limits
I think the problem here is that they have gone bust, although being Turkish (so their legal status may not fit within English law) and not easy to contact it's hard to be certain. What we need is someone on the ground in Istanbul who can say whether they are insolvent under Turkish law or whether they are still trading in some form.
What really pees me off is Kelkoo continue to promote them on their hotel search engine despite written warnings about this company.

Have they actually gone bust ?? If you go on the website you can still book.
If they are still taking new bookings then that ought to be good grounds for making a claim against the card company. As Tweetie Pie says, it would be simple breach of contract.
I have a booking with this company which I cancelled on 20th August. After trying to phone and sending several e-mail they eventually replied to me on 29th August. They claim that they are waiting on a reply from their supplier. Incidently I was in touch with their supplier previous to cancelling my booking and they told me that bookinhotels were still operating . That was two weeks ago. Not having found a positive post anywhere online I decided to cancel. As our booking is for New Year I just couldn`t take the chance of a lost booking at that time of year. I have booked another hotel with another company , at considerably more expense . I don`t know where I`ll stand regarding a refund , I paid by credit card.
To update I have just received an e-mail confirming my cancellation but no mention of my refund.
I still haven't heard from the company. My credit card were very understanding and I've recieved a refund through them.
I managed to get a refund through my credit card company. Book in hotels were not opening the e-mails I sent and I couldn`t get through on the phone. People need to be warned about this company the complaints against them appear to be worldwide . The card companies should withdraw their facility, making booking more dificult. Of course I can`t varify the honesty of the hundreds of complaints I have read online but my case is certainly genuine and similar to many others.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.