Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
booking direct?
5 Posts
Assuming that your bank account is in Sterling Pounds then when the Euro debit is charged back to your account there will usually be a "commission" charge aside from the exchange rate transfer. I've always seen this on my RBS account, can't speak for every bank account. Is it this "commission" charge that you're hoping to avoid ? If so then it's likely that only your bank can answer that for you. EasyJet and other sites will simply pass the charge thru in Euros and it's up to the banking system as to how you are charged in Pounds.
I've just had a 3 night stay at the Protur Vista Badia in Sa Coma. Was about to book it when my wife found the same hotel on Low Cost Holidays.com saving 100 euro.
I was going to book my hotel direct this year but Thomas Cook easily beat the direct price. shop around first
I have booked direct with protur,(3 yrs ago!) no charge for cards my bank converted euro to pounds ,it was a good deal but it might have changed. CBG
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.