Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We recently returned from the dominican and booked everything seperately. We booked flights with airtours, accomodation - we stayed at the Riu Bachata. Hayes Travel booked everything for us, including our transfers. Everything went well and we saved quite a lot of money, with everything in it cost us £2600 for 2 adults & 2 children, we travelled the first 2 weeks of July.
Hi yes it`d not that difficult to sort out. I`ve booked Sunscape The Beach in Punta Cana for August 28th for 14 nights using a Thomas Cook Flight from Manchester (the £17 meal for each of us is included in the flight) using Thomas Cook Website (£638 for 2 of us) and Sunmaster for the Hotel (Deluxe Room All Inc for £948.08) The Hotel are sending a Taxi to pick us up for $60 each way (it`s about 45 minutes byTaxi). At the airport there may well be a board listing the fixed taxi fares but I`d say $50 is about right for you to get to the Riu !

Price Each £823 Thomas Cook want £1130

Saved £600 by using the web

Just double check the flight prices as I found a few websites looked good for the flights but once all the extras were added in the flight was quite expensive. I`ve also found that if the flight is called TCX for example the cheapest way is to use Thomas Cook as it`s their aircraft being used. Even though Airtours/MyTravel is part of Thomas cook now it`s dearer to book a TCX flight on their website !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.