Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I have made a formal complaint to the BBC about the bias & distortion of truth in this programme. We first went to Sunny Beach in 1997, and have been back many times since. Yes, the resort has grown, and yes, there are bar crawls, but I have never in all the years I have been going witnessed anything remotely approaching what was shown the other night. Indeed, friends who were in Sunny Beach at the time of filming tell me they saw certain scenes being set up specifically for the cameras.
The programme was clearly made with a pre-conceived agenda, which it distorted the truth to meet. Go to SB and enjoy; anyway, the Helena Park is too expensive for the 18:30 crowd! There are lots of nice, friendly bars & restaurants to choose from, just stay away from the strip and you'll be fine.
Thank you doon - I know it was more than likely to be hyped up but it was still shocking viewing

Those poor families in that one hotel - deary me :(
Our friends have been going to the Helena Park for the last 3 years which is why we are going there - how far is it from that strip (can you give me a landmark so I can see on google maps)

Thank you x
I did not see the programme but I have been to sunny beach 7 times and love it. the hotel you are staying at is far enough away from where the young ones meet they meet in flower street near the Kuban hotel then off they go and I must admit once they had gone I did not see them again and they never bothered us if we had to pass them before they set off. please do not let the programme put you off sunny beach is a lovely place and if you can go on some trips to see the real Bulgaria :cheers
Saw this programme as well.
Real hat het job, but they have done this in every resort they have visited
Been going to SB for years and yes the central area has changed.
Lot of the popular bars and restaurants have gone.
Combination of party crew pub crawl nonsense and All inc has taken a lot of business from them.

Rest of SB Nessebar and Sveti Vlas are fine.
Vlas in particular is doing well.
Don't be put off going. Bit of common sense applies to choosing suitable locations when you are out at night. But thats true even for a night out at home.
We dont go down town in SB as much as we used to.
But maybe thats just us getting old.
The last time I was there, 3 years ago, I saw one of the first bar crawls & as topofthetower said, when they are gone, you don't see them again. If you do, they usually aren't there for long & its probably not till the early hours that it gets as bad as it showed in the programme.

Ive been to SB 8 times since 2000 & yes it has changed since then, but not to that degree. If I thought it was as bad as that, I wouldn't be going back next year with our 2 youngest kids, 12 & 15 when we go away.

It was hyped up by the BBC just to get ratings. As mention by doonhamer32 its set up & will be for all the shows they have recorded.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just go, have fun & enjoy the resort. There is so much to do & see. Don't let this 'show' ruin your holiday. :sun2 x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.