Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Re: Brazil
30 Posts
Just back from brazil this morning 14/7/2008 we went to breezes hotel I will write more about it when I get some sleep :rofl colleen
hope it lived up to its expectations :)
Hope you had a great time Colleen!!

Will catch up with you on one forum or another :rofl

I'm off to cyprus on saturday. :sun2

J.
:cheers julian01 we had a great time thanks ...enjoy your time away in the :sun2
ooooooooohhhhhhhh joanne,

welcome back, cant wait to hear all about it... :cheers

Eifion.

:sun2
One tip you may find helpful, you cannot spend £UK at the airport, only US$, Euro and Reals.

The money exchange was shut, so we couldn't buy anything :(
I would love to visit this beautiful country one day

Keith
Hi there,

I know I have asked before just another shout for ideas before we go to Brazil in 10 days time.

It looks like we will be staying at the Astoria Palce for 2 nights. 1st day we have at lesiure but option excursions are Sugar loaf mountain, Maracana ( cant see wife and daughter wanting to do this ).

Day 2 a trip to Christ the redeemer and then other optional excursions.

Any suggestions a family of 4 ( 2 adults kids 13 and 11 ) must do in Rio. Thinking more daytime, as much as we would like to see the shows in the evening I cant see the kids being that interested. That said any good recommendations for places to eat in the evening. Varying reports on how to safe to walk around, any oinions.

Looks like we have about a day and a half spare in Rio, any parts of the city we should go to and what would be the safest way of doing this.

2 nights Iguassa Falls. Included a trip to the falls but looks like again a day and a half of opetional excursions. Anything fro speedboats,helipcopters,white water rafting. I imagine this is a place I will vist once in my life so any suggestions of making the most of it very welcome.

9 days Iberostar Bahia Praia do Forte. Mainly for the kids and relaxing but there seem to be some various trips out from 4 x 4. a day to Salvador a river cruise. Any recommendations ?

General

Any idea on the amount of cash to take. last 9 days are all inclusive. Do we take sterling or dollars. Should we chnage some for reals before we go. Are credit cards widely accepted.

Having been to Borneo and Kenya the last 2 years our jabs are up to date, what about Malaria tablets, do you think these are required for the areas we are visiting ?

Any help,thoughts,opinions greatfully received.

Kind Regards
Stewart
"2 nights Iguassa Falls" I think maleria tablets are advised for anyone visiting this part of Brazil. Not so much advised for Rio or Bahia Praia do Forte! Prevention is important as Dengue Fever is prevalent in and around Rio and there is no cure!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.