Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Brazil
30 Posts
According to THIS SITE on electrical sockets worldwide it could be the American 2 flat pins or European 2 round pins.

luci :wave
Hi linda,

We have also booked this holiday for september. What jabs are you planning to have also are you going to take anti malaria tablets? are you doing any of the trips to Rio the Falls or the Amazon?

We have booked for four nights in Rio and are considering the Amazon trip! :tup
I think the Falls trip would be quite spectacular. We mean to do that sometime but so far have only been away 7 days.
I was up to date with all my injections but i believe Typhoid and Tetanus were among the ones needed. I have been advised that i dont need Malaria tablets as Brazil is very low risk.
We are doing 4 days on the Rio trip (not the falls) first then 11 days in Costa do sauipe.
On countdown now :cheers
Can some one tell can you bring english money and get it changed in the hotel and do they give a rubbish rate ...
we will be going to Superclub breezes in Costa do sauipe on the 28th june ........anyone else going at this time .irishcolleen
We are going to the Iberostar Bahia and I've been checking on various sites and it says it's OK to change money at the hotel and you get a better deal for cash than for travellers cheques.
Mobor One Thankyou so much for getting back to me so fast ....thats what I want to hear ...would you happen to know how many reals is in a pound ..we go in less than 2 weeks I cant wait we are go here ..http://www.superclubs.com/brand_breezes/resort_brazil/ colleen
On Teletext yesterday it was showing as about 2.8 to the pound.

I'll never be able to convert a figure like that!
1.00 GBP ====3.15350 BRL............Thanks again mobor one I got this on http://www.xe.com/ucc/ today ...not that it means a lot to me :think :rofl
we'll weve booked this hotel also,,

cant wait seems wonderful.

:cheers

Eifion :sun2
can anyone please tell me is there a duty free shop at the airport in Brazil ..and what price is cigs and vodka please ......
anyone with any feed back on the superbreezees resort in costa de saupe?

would love to hear from you, we go here in 29 days time.........

heres to hearing from you. :tup

Eifion. :sun2 :cheers
We have some reviews HERE in case you haven't seen them. Although the most recent was 2006, they are excellent.

There was a duty free shop at Salvador airport I paid £15 for 1 Ltr of Stolichnaya Vodka. I got a 1 Ltr Smirnoff from Praia de forte for only £6.50 though, which is a little village that you can visit while you are there. I cant remember how much Cigs were out there but English brands were very thin on the ground. We flew with First choice and paid £28 for 400 Lamberts onboard. We only returned yesterday From SuperClub Breezes so if anyone wants any specific info then please message me with your questions plus your email addresses i will answer anything you want. There would be too much to mention on here. Let me know if you are doing the Rio tour before you got to Costa do sauipe cos there were a few tips i have on that.

Few tips..... take a 2p coin for the plug hole has they dont have plugs (make sure you put a tissue or baby wipe in the plug hole first tho or it gets stuck)

The bank in the village Arraia da Vila( Literally only few minutes walk) charges US Dollars for changing money Travellers Chqs were $20 flat rate. Sterling 3% Minimum $5 to maximun $15 but there is a little kiosk just round the corner from it that changes money commision free, He gave 0.4 rate below the bank but for amounts under £100 its still better. WARNING though.........Make sure you count it out again in front of him as he was known to short change you (he actually short changed us 10 Reals which we didnt notice even though he counted it out in front of us. but he counts it quick so its hard to spot. Hotel doesnt change money.

Take round 2 pin adapters cos they work better than the US ones.

When booking the Restaurants do it first thing in the morning as the early times go first and the restaurants say they are full when they are not. Only given 2 visits to each restaurants so we asked at Reception and they gave us a couple more.
Hope this helps you all
:wave:
Hi

If you have time we would appreciate it if you could add a review of the hotel to our reviews site.

Thanks

Hi 20Linda,

I am doing the Rio trip before going to the Iberostar Bahia. Also going to the Falls for 2 days.

Any tips for free time in Rio will be most welcome.

Kind Regards
Stewart
hi Stewart
which trips are included already?
Hi Stewart
I presume your with First choice. We stayed overnight in Salvador at a Gale hotel dont bother venturing out as we walked for half hour and found nowere to eat plus it was late and not safe to do this in this area we since found out. Possibly Christ the redeemer trip will be included, FC do a trip to Sugar loaf mountain with lunch included this is a absolute must do, When we went it was at a place called Copacabana palace and its a all you can eat Meat/Seafood restaurant, this is brill but watch what you drink as they sting you big time on the price. If you do go to this restaurant then dont bother doing the other trip they offer which is to a restaurant called Marius on a evening, it is exactly the same although they sting you even bigger on the drinks bill. FC did a trip to a match at the football stadium. We didnt do the falls but we heard it was very very cold there and some of the group had not gone dressed in shorts(cant verify though its only what i heard) The hotel we stayed in was called The Astoria Palace its right on Copacabana beach. If you like italian food then if you go left out of the hotel then first left again there is a lovely italian restaurant called La Trattoria which does wonderful reasonable priced food they will give you an english menu if you ask. If you would like a place for drinks that wont break the bank then if you turn right out of the hotel then first right again go to the end of the road and on the opposite side of the road theres a bar called No informal they are very reasonable for food and drink and seemed to be one of the most popular places to hang out.
Please be careful in Rio the crime rate is very high so be on your guard always. Handbags should remain on knees while eating and dont wear any jewellery thats a bit ott. One of our group got her necklace ripped from her neck while crossing the road. The beach is lovely but only take what you will need if sunbathing and dont leave your stuff unattended, sorry if i sound doom and gloom we had no trouble at all and we walked out late at night.
On a much better note the hotel iberostar bahia was fantastic everyone raved about it and i was quite jealous when we pulled up as it looked very nice, and there is a fantastic vilage Praia de forte nearby with a turtle sanctuary which was great.
Hope this helps
Sorry Stewart. I made a mistake in what i wrote, it was meant to read had only gone in shorts, as i said i cannot verify this it was only what i heard.
If you want a football shirt i would suggest looking in Rio as the only ones we could find were from the village in Sauipe and they wanted 240 Reals which is approx £80, needless to say hubby went home without one.
:wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.