Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
BRAZIL
163 Posts
Just booked for Octiber 2006 to go to Brazil Praia do Forte All inclusive resort Iberostar Bahia booked it with Eclipse Direct excellent deal let me know iif anyone else is thinking of going

Cheers ]
Nessa
Hi Nessa,

Please dont forget to tell us whats it like, im not sure if eclipse are part of airtours as its the same resort featured in their brochure and looks like october is the last month. 8) :roll:
hi nessa/goamike, i looked at this holiday to in eclipse (owend by first choice) they are doing really good eals in may 2006 aswell! Thinking of booking it, but stuck between brazil and margarita!

brazil looks great but might do a DIY, as we really want to go to RIo and see the sights!

have fun on your hols!
Hi Lauraj,

Its still worth taking a look at eclipse's prices for trips to rio as it should be cheaper due to the time of the year and being slightly nearer to rio than what natal is.

When i get chance i will have a look myself but it could be the same as thomson's because its a new place to go they cant definately give us a price. :roll: :lol:
hiya, i didnt realise that eclpise holidays were closer to Rio! Cheaper than Thomsons aswell! I been having a look and it seems cheaper to go on a package, as in eclipse there is a hotel (2*) and you can get two weeks bed and breakfast for around £570 in may next year! bargain! then should still have some mone to visit Rio, maybe by train or bus depending on distance!
I reckon you still have to have a look at internal flights thou. :lol: :roll:
You need more than a couple of days to do Rio justice. I've just booked 2 weeks in a 5* in Rio, with scheduled filghts from manchester via paris & transfers for £1000 with thgholidays.co.uk and they do twin centres for a similar price.

Alternatively if you want a cheap internal flight from Salvador, try Brazil's budget airline - http://www.voegol.com.br - but remember it's a 2.5 hour flight to Rio, so it's never going to be that cheap.
akm
have you used that company before for holiday booking?
Fiona,

No I've never used them before, but they are part of TUI.

Biggest let down is their call centre - it can take an hour to get through, but it's worth it for the prices. I first tried to arange the same holiday myself, but couldn't even get a flight in August for less than £750 each, total cost for 2 weeks in a 5* hotel on Copacabana came to £3000 for 2 people!
Just out of interest- why did you pick August to go? I thought that was their winter? I would be interested to hear how you get on then as I have never thought about going in our summer, but it would be easier for us.
Theres nothing in the main news about this, and as you say its a big country. :lol: :lol: :roll:
I will be travelling to Rio hopefully in March 2006. I will be staying at Rio Atlantica Hotel so that is OK, What I'd like is advise on which airline to fly with? The prices seem so diverse.
Which US airport are you flying from ?

David :wave
Hi all
We have booked to go to the new Iberostar Bahia in May got a good deal on Eclipse Direct web site anyone else going then ?
jubileepat
hi nessa
we are thinking of going to praia do forte in october 2006,will th weather be ok.
Has anybody been or know of anywhere to go in Brazil any info would be great on weather etc
I have won a holiday to the Le Meridien Copacabana Hotel in Rio. I have a year to take it. When is the best time of year for weather as it includes surfing on Barra da Tijuca Beach and Futevolei on Ipanema Beach
Has anyone been to this hotel or even Rio as I am going there early next year and can't wait!!!! :lol:
According to my records july & august has the least rainfall but tempetures of 81 & 82.

December & january has bigger rainfalls but tempetures of 89 & 91. 8)

Cant be bad winning a holiday like that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.