Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
i havnt been on brilliance yet (jan 07) but i think i can answer most of your questions having sailed 5 times with royal carribean
1)can you get an AI package no but yo can purchase a soda card but personally i dont think its worth it unless you are drinking over 5 cans a day.
2) What is the dress code - if you are dinning in the main dinning room there are 2 formal nights in a weeks cruise, some people really make an effort others dont bother a shirt and tie would suffice for men but if you prefer not to dress up go to the buffet restraunt.

3) any advice on tipping - i always prepay my gratuities at the time of booking. on the last night you are given envelopes but if you have prepaid you will get vouchers to put in.

hope this helps you will love the royal carribean experience were hooked. if you are planning any others reserve it onboard you will get up to $200 onbooard credit, they hold it for 2 weeks without deposit you then go to your travel agent to confirm and get there discounts too
thanks, It is great getting all the tips before you go.
can you tell me the precedure for dinner on the first night of sailing. We leave Port at seven on the Brilliance of the seas
Your table number and sitting will be printed on the card which acts as cabin key, onboard "credit card" and pass to get on and off the ship. At dinner time you are shown to your table by a waiter (unless like us, you have done a "reccy" in which case you just walk right in and choose any seat at your appointed table) People sometimes give dinner in the formal restaurant a miss on the first night due to travel fatigue, preferring to have a quick meal in the Windjammer. We were on a table for 12 , eight of whom were American, so our numbers were depleted on the first night, but up to full strength from day 2 onwards.
Suekay, thanks for that information
We're off on our 3rd cruise this summer and decided to go with RCI - similar price to the OV2 cruise we did last year so no question really!

Has anyone been on the Brilliance or one of the other Radiance class ships? Any tips? Whats the situation like with sunbeds? Are there plenty or will I have to do my usual job of up and out at the crack of dawn?

cheers :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.