Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Well it's worth a try IF you think it will travel ... but I'm honestly not sure whether it won't be dried out (because of the reduced oxygen/altitude problem) and squished to heck...

Is there really no way of solving a birthday cake problem by ordering one before you go for your return?
I've got my eye on one of those yummy Publix ones from the States :love2

:D
I've taken a home-made Christmas pudding to Tunisia in my hold luggage and it didn't seem to come to any harm as it looked alright when I put new foil on it out there. :lol:
there is actually a government website about personal imports of food here

It doesn't specifically mention birthday cakes but if you stear clear of lots of cream it seems OK. It would probably help if it came with an ingredients list.
Hi jdybnsn, every Spring when we return from Tunisia we bring a large box of small gateaux back for our friends and have never had a problem. They are very ornately decorated and must contain every item in the patisserie! I also always take a homemade Christmas cake with all the trimmings for a German friend over there - again , no problems. Don't know if this will help at all. :? Jenny x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.