Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
If you're flying you can't buy it in resort and take it through security at the airport. However you can buy alcohol in the duty free/paid shop after security.

luci :wave
Sorry, should have said flying.
Thanks for the info luci.

Julie
When we were flying from Rheus airport last month, a woman in front of us had a bottle of brandy taken from her, and poured out while she watched on.
Not worth the hassle of carting the extra weight home,you can get some good bargains in supermarkets these days when they have the offers on.
Thanks for all the replies, I guess i'll check out duty free prices to see if it's worth it.
We're off tomorrow, so hopefully the rain is gone by then!

thanks again
Julie
When we were coming back from Gerona in June, some people had bottles confiscated from their hand luggage. You can, however buy it from the Aldeasa shop at the airport which is after checking in.
Can you put it in your hold luggage?

Marion
Yes Marion, you can put bottles in hold luggage. The current restrictions on liquids apply to hand luggage only. You will find more details via the link in my signature below.

David :wave
Hi all,

I know it is a bit late in the season but when I returned from Girona mid Seotember a 03:30 departure.

The only place open was the Cafe - NO DUTY FREE shop.

Fortunately I had bought my drink in the resort but others were caught out.

regards

Pars fan
We travelled back from Girona yesterday morning. I had a bottle of vodka and a bottle of wine in my hand luggage. I had to take them out and they were smashed into a large container when handed over (what a waste). They did give me the option of going back and checking them in though.

I would advise that no-one takes the chance of taking bottles through airport security. It's a waste of money and an inconvenience to have to open up your bag to unpack them. Also I felt embarrased holding up the queue!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Jackie
It still amazes me that over a year on, people are still trying to carry liquids through security.Its well advertised on the news and at airports, what you are and arent allowed.And you get instances where people even argue with the security personel.It only causes hold ups.
If people are worried about weight or breakages,buy plastic bottles of spirits, or decant from glass bottles to 1.5 ltr mineral water bottles.then pack these in your hold luggage
It still amazes me that over a year on, people are still trying to carry liquids through security.Its well advertised on the news and at airports, what you are and arent allowed.And you get instances where people even argue with the security personel.It only causes hold ups.
If people are worried about weight or breakages,buy plastic bottles of spirits, or decant from glass bottles to 1.5 ltr mineral water bottles.then pack these in your hold luggage

I fully agree it has been stated enough times put the B****y stuff in your suite case then you won't have any problems.
Hi All...I like to bring a few bottles of Catalanian wine back with me and an odd bottle of spirit...I take a roll of plaster tape in my first aid box and I tape it tight round the top of my bottles...just for added safety and wrap them each in a beach towel padded all round with the dirty washing...touch wood got them home safe up untill now.
I had a litre bottle of bombay saphire gin confiscated at Palma airport I had the receipt and have been let through few years ago as long as you had receipt would have put it in my case but thought it would be over the weight limit
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.