Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
We often read about the limits to bring back into the country, but I am wondering, are we allowed to carry spirits out of our country in our suitcase. We have promised our hosts a bottle of gin from our home town which we know we cannot get at the duty free at the airport or on the plane. Will we be allowed to take it?
Many thanks
:cheers
if your going to Greece and its in your case [not hand baggage then YES
hi all,does anyone no the prices of fags in sidari/corfu,not there own make but branded ones.my mum wants me to bring her 2 sleeves back but wants to pay me before we go(which is a pain)so a general idea would be good,we going mid sept.also would we be better waiting till we get to the airport to come home?
cheers
laingy
All branded cigs are 30 euros a carton.
hi hapi,thanks for replying thats a good help,but do you no what the airport prices are like or are they the same.
cheers karen
Hi
Prices are the same at the airport for cigarettes as they are in the resorts etc.
Elise
Can anyone tell me the price of branded tobacco please?
last month Amberleaf was 5eu for 50gm packet

wizard
Hi. On another thread dated May last year I noticed you saying that Amberleaf was discontinued and stocks were very low. Has the decision to stop imports been reversed then?
i don't know why they stopped importation last year, but it was back in the shops last month [ not as cheap in comparison to OH and GV but still cheaper none the less]

yasus
wizard
How much is Golden Virginia / 50 gm then please
hello, im going to greece next week, and when i come back i was going to bring me some amber leaf back, does anyone one no the leagle limit to bring back, and most of all how much are thay in price, thanks
k3vdx

for amberleaf price see above [i havent read of any increases since may]

under eu law you can bring back as much as you like as long as you can prove its for your own use HOWEVER british customs have set a guide limit of 3kg per adult [over 18]

yasus
wizard
the guide line has been dropped to 1 kg as from november 2011
cigs and tobacco are cheaper in resort than in the airport
i.e. 200 Marlborough in airport = 40 euros
in resort = 35 euros
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.