Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
For more info on the scrapping of Flybe services from Bristol, please click here.

David :wave
Can anyone recommend airport parking at Bristol airport. Has anyone used P and H parking which is about 2 miles from airport?

thanks

emma
We fly from Bristol 4-5 times a year & always use the SilverZone parking which we have always found the cheapest. Click on the big 'P' on http://www.bristolairport.co.uk The car park is just a few hundred yards from the airport terminal. You drive in, take your keys to the office & hop on the courtesy bus which runs every 10-15 mins. Easy.
Ryanair yesterday announced that Bristol Airport is to become it's 20th European base and it will launch 13 new routes from the airport starting this November to add to the 3 it already flies from there. Ryanair are buying two new Boeing 737-800 aircraft to operate the routes. The new routes, launch dates and flight frequency are below :-

Milan (Orio al Serio) - 7th Nov 07 - Daily
Bratislava (Vienna) - 8th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Budapest - 7th Nov 07 - 4 per week
Derry - 7th Nov 07 - Daily
Dinard - 8th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Katowice - 10th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Knock-IrelandWest - 7th Nov 07 - 4 per week
Porto - 7th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Poznan - 8th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Riga - 7th Nov 07 - 3 per week
Rzeszow - 8th Nov 07 - 2 per week
Salzburg - 19th Dec 07 - 2 per week
Wroclaw - 7th Nov 07 - 4 per week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6686835.stm
Hi We're looking for accommodation near Bristol airport for 4 nights in December, where we can leave the car. Do you have any suggestions. Breakfast isn't essential as we have a 6.30am flight. Thank you
Does anyone know prices at the rapid pick up area at Bristol since you can no longer pick up/drop off in front of the terminal
Hi Sunbear. Try this link Bristol Airport Car Park Prices

The first 10 minutes are free, after that charges increase 10-30 minutes £2.00, 30mins-1 hour £3.00 etc etc.

HTH.

Sarah :)
Thanks Sarah. Thats great.

Funny I looked at that site before asking question. Obviously did not look carefully enough :D
Since the smoking ban has come into force, does the last cigarette have to be before check in?. I presume everywhere inside the terminal is now non smoking!
Hi Helen .. smoking is not allowed inside any UK airports, or other public buildings ... please click here for the relevant page on the Bristol Airport website. Any smoking opportunities may not necessarily need to be taken before check-in, but certainly before going through security checks and into the departure lounge.

Thanks David! I'm a non smoker myself but a colleague is having kittens over this.
Hi, can anyone recommend an hotel close to Bristol airport where we could stay and leave our car for a fortnight. I have found 2 for £108 for a double room plus 15 nights parking. This sounds reasonable for Aug '08, or does anybody else know of a better deal. Also be interested to know if there's a promo code for parking at bristol airport. Thanks for any help/
This probably seems like a silly question!

I was wondering if whole milk was available airside in most airports (we will be flying from Bristol) as I'm starting to panic a bit that my little girl won't be able to get her bedtime bottle of milk by the time we get to Portugal as the shops may be closed.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks.
shirley h,
i live in bristol, and my parents live in Cyprus, but there in the UK at the moment and they are staying in The town & country lodge for 2 weeks, on the same road as the airport and is quite cheap reasonable prices, they also do a family package just for the one night before you fly if you want that.
The hotel is very nice, 2 double beds, nice bathroom, good size and very nice meals ect.

CourtneeLouise.x
Has anyone heard of the hillslea B&B near bristol airport. I just had a nasty surprise by e-mail. Months ago, we booked one night's stay in 2 rooms with car parking for 2 weeks at the Winston Manor Hotel. I had an e-mail this morning telling me that they couldn't honour the booking (which I've paid a £40 deposit for) as a member of staff made a mistake and the hotel is fully booked on that date due to a wedding. They told me that the Hillslea B&B nearby were now holiding 2 rooms for us at the same rate. However, they didn't give me a contact e-mail address or telephone number and I've googled it and got no joy. Has anyone heard of the place and also do you think we've been treated fairly. Oh yes, there was no mention of returning the deposit either so I've been in touch with them again.
i know mistakes happen, but no i dont think you were treated fairly, ive never seen this hillsea B&B before? :think , and i think you should try and get your deposit back ... somehow ? ,i will have a look out for this B&B and get a number if i can :)

CourtneeLouise x
Hi Shirley ... slightly different spelling, but there is a Hillslee House B&B, which is close to Bristol Airport:
http://hhouse.890m.com/4/index.htm

Hi David,
yes that's the one. It looks very nice but not what we're after. We booked the hotel as we wanted the facilities of an hotel e.g. bar. I've e-mailed the original hotel and told them that the alternative accommodation didn't meet with our requirements and have asked for the return of our deposit, together with a token gesture of £20 to help meet the costs of alternative accommodation. What do you think my chances are?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.