Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi I'm new to this site I am flying from bristol on thursday at 22.20 and was wondeing if anyone could please
tell me if shops are open then?
We are flying from Bristol on Sunday morning with our 2yr old and was wondering if there was a play area in the terminal? She'll probably be knackered but just in case she needs to let off some steam I'd rather be prepared!
I can't remeber seeing one there when we were there this year. Check out there website it may tell you on there what facilities there are airside.

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/
Katycymru

I don't Think Bristol airport currently have a play area in the terminal

They are however undergoing a lot of renovation work, so it may be something they include in the future

Gower
Thanks for replies. Had a look on the website but couldn't see anything so will just have to make sure I have plenty to keep her amused, or just let her run around to tire her out before the plane!
Im flying from bristol at 11.30am with ryanair and have luggage to check in.

Ryanair says on their website Check-in closes strictly 40 minutes before, so before 10.50am.

Im thinking of flying into bristol with airsouthwest from manchester but the flight arrives at 10am but does set off at 8.55am. What time does this usually land?

Whats the security like at bristol airport landing on an internal flight is there any queues other than waiting for your luggage?

Would I have enough time to check in with ryanair?
markshols,

Welcome onboard

The flight is scheduled to arrive in BRS at 10am, that's the time it normally lands. You can't assume it'll be any earlier or later than this. You should have enough time to make your connecting flight providing you incoming flight is on time.

Darren
Thanks darren might use the flight in :tup

Is there any long checks from security on an internal flight at bristol?

I flew out last year and it took ages going through passport control another plane landed at the same time.
markshols,

I don't use BRS so someone else will have to comment on that. The security checks at BRS are the same as all other UK airpots.

Darren
Lufthansa has taken the decision to stop flying from Bristol Airport from next month citing loads as being too low.

The service has only been up and running for 1 year using Eurowings Bae 146 aircraft and was up to 3 flights a day offering long haul connections.

Nivsy
Macquarie Group it has been reported are putting Bristol Airport up for sale.

Will be interesting to see who will be potential bidders and how it will affect the ambitious expansion plans at the South West airfield.

Nivsy
Good Sunday lunch close to Bristol airport

Can anyone recommend somewhere for a nice roast before our 4pm flight please?

Thanks.
Recently passed through Bristol Airport and a few fairly new developments noted. After passing security its straight into world shopping area which is pleasant and bright (even though its intention is to make you spend money! and new walkways are being constructed while plans are in place for yet a further terminal expansion.

Must say top marks to this regional airport and its main operator Easy Jet. Good security attitude and swift access to departure gates. Also noted a few (4) Ryanair 737's parked up waiting to be brought back into service as Ryanair have a number of aircraft withdrawn from use around the country.

Nivsy.
markshols,

There is no security or other check for incoming domestic flights at Bristol. You may have to get a bus from the arriving plane or walk, depending on where it parks, then straight to baggage claim (but if you have a bag there may be a wait) and walk out to the public area of the terminal and go to the Ryanair bag drop at the far end of the terminal (you must have checked in on-line). The security check is after you have been to Ryanair desk and is the same as for any departing passenger.

Ryanair are very prompt with closure of the bag drop so don't expect any tolerance of being late.
Wizz Air shal commence flights from Bristol to Warsaw, Poland in September 2010. Twice a week is the expected early schedule.

On another note, the airport has bucked the usual UK trend -and has introduced an out door smoking zone after passing security - very forward thinking.....

The departure lounge continues to be extended however at the momemnt there is a lack of seating areas beside the departure gates - recently made worse in my opinion with the centralised position of costa coffee in that area. The upstairs areas respeble a eating court only.

Nivsy
As I mention in the Continental Airline forum, Bristol will lose its transatlantic flight with Continental in November. Never saw this coming and it is a major blow to the growing airport.

Nivsy
Hi can anyone recommend somewhere to park our car at Bristol airport please

thanks

Emma
Would recommend Car Parking Bristol Airport - Wagon and Horses, hotel and bar.
01275474713. We have used their services many times. Sorry, I don't know how to
do a link but if you put in the above, you should be able to access their site.
They are just outside the main entrance to the airport.
You drop of the car and they take you and pick you up from the from the
short stay car park. The walkway to it is undercover so you don't get cold/wet.
It is so much easier to use than the Silver or main cark park.

P.S. If you are travelling before 15 October, go to the main Bristol Airport Site -
Travel Rewards - and you can print off a voucher for Superdrug which gives you 25%
off if you spend £10 or more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.