Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
alex_heney,

That's an impossable question to answer really as it'll vary depending on the number of fights and how busy they are. You need to be checking in at least 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to your departure time.

Darren
You never know what problems could prop up on the day of departure - I'd be aiming to arrive at the airport quite a bit earlier.
Looks like you are going to Malta then!

Ryanair are absolutely strict on closing time of bag drop. For a long trip like that I would aim to be there an hour before the closing time - so into the terminal by 8am. That gives you time if you get stuck on the way. I would hope that if you are in the queue and 9.05 approaches they will give the chance to jump the queue, but who can tell.

Remember that they also strictly apply rules about bag size and weight (hold baggage and hand baggage) and ensure that you have checked in and have your printed boarding pass with you.
I am indeed going to Malta.

I've checked the bag sizes & weights, and all are OK. (Two of us traveling, one hold bag 13.5 Kg, two cabin bags, the heavier of which is 8Kg, and both within the measurements)

Although it is with Ryanair, the flights were bought as part of a package (Through Broadway Travel), and the boarding passes were sent to us by post, we don't need to check in online (or it has already been done on our behalf by the TO). It isn't actually even possible to do so, as they don't recognise my email/flight details.
It turned out there was no queue at all. now sat in departures.
When we flew from Gatwick a few weeks ago, the check in queues were huge, and we only just managed to have some breakfast before it was time for boarding. We're flying from Bristol in the summer, and have seen a good deal for the airport lounge. If I knew how many flights were departing within an hour or so of ours, then we'd have a good idea on whether we'll have time to use it. Is there any way of finding out this information please?
Go to bristolairport.co.uk and click on arrival/departures it will give you a list of the scheduled departures for now and tomorrow morning , if you check over a few days you should find out exactly how busy it is at a certain time , for example Bristol airport has 13 scheduled departures between 6am and 7am tomorrow , and gatwick has 32 scheduled between 6am and 7am .
If you were flying easyjet from gatwick early morning then there would be big queues they have loads of departures between 6am and 9am . Also the season is important as from may 1st the summer season starts and for instance Thomson at gatwick went from 9 departures to 21 on that day and that's from the one terminal .
Thanks Andy - we fly on a Monday at 1800 hours, so I'm off to have a look now :tup
I don't think Monday evening's will show up yet Helen. Probably will be on the board tomorrow morning though :tup
It's only showing departures up to lunchtime tomorrow at the moment, so I'll have a look in the morning.
I think if you have a look midday tomorrow and then check every so often you should get a picture of how busy it is around that time , the only spanner in the works is that more extra flights might be added in the school summer holidays , but then again you would rather be in a lounge if that is the case
Just had a look at departures from Bristol and there are a lot of flights going out around the same time as ours. Good news is though that I think we'll be able to check-in as early as we want. The Easyjet check-ins are open for all destinations. It's even showing the desk numbers for flights that aren't departing until 9.30pm.

I think we can book the lounge and arrive to get there early. I think we're allowed to use the lounge from 3 hours before departure- it's looking good, especially if we also check-in on line so we'll have a choice of check-in desks :)
That looks good then Shirley - now all we need is to find the deal we saw for the lounge :tup Found the code - just £12 pp for the lounge :tup
Does anybody use Fast track security please? I've just booked for the executive lounge at Bristol and during the booking process was asked if I also wanted to purchase FT security at £3 each. I do recall seeing the sign for FT security next to the normal security area when we flew from Bristol last month. Just wondering really, how fast is fast? If a lot of people use it, surely there'll be queues :think

I know it's only £3pp but am I going to get through security any quicker? Do you think it's just a money making gimmick?
thanks
Usually passengers travelling business class are offered free fast track security by the airlines , and others have to pay , I doubt that many will pay extra so there shouldn't be a big queue , so you should get through quicker because there is a smaller queue , BUT , if the people in the queue have oversized liquids in their bags or are blinged up with more metal than Mr T then it will slow things down .
You are flying in the busiest peak season so there might be queues that are longer than usual .

I've used fast track a couple of times due to having biz boarding card and the missus can get free passes for us to use fast track (staff perk) but I've never found it that much quicker mainly because she's saying hello to everyone and they're all asking where we're off to , I'm just standing there bored but clocking the funny looks off the other passengers waiting
Although we always fly peak weeks we don't normally have a problem getting through security reasonably fast. I can only remember once when the queue was huge and very slow moving. However, having booked executive lounge, I don't want to be held up in the security queue and not have enough time to relax in there.

thanks
Anybody know where the bag drop is for Thomascook is at the airport, i've taken the plunge and opted for online check-in? Didnt fancy the "Check-in Shuffle" again
thewhartons,

Have a look at the screens when you enter departures. It'll be one of the desks where your flight is checking in from.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.