Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for explaining ... all makes sense now:-)

Regards,
Pat
I think it can be a bit confusing , and most people do get fixated on the -24 and jump in as quick as they can then , I have row 2 for my ACE flights A C and D F but will do the -72 to see if I can get row 1 for me and wife who are silver and because my sister and her partner who are on the same booking get row 1 for them even though they are not in the BAEC ( but I will get them to join , they have NO CHOICE !!! :rofl )
It's worked in the past for me ;) you just have to rely on others confusion :D
Oh please Andy, please do not confuse me anymore with your BAEC and your ACE lol!!

Regards,
Pat
Sorry :( I do love my acronyms :rofl .... :banghead: As they say YMMV ;)
Yes, I can see that .. do it deliberately to confuse me ... not that it takes much to confuse me as you have probably gathered lol!

I'm not even going to ask what 'YMMV' means lol!
andy66 wrote:
Hi Pippy , you must be getting close to status !!! Did you get an good upgrade offer ? I'm off in June with my sister and partner to Lanzarote and got CE seats at a very good price when I booked last year , we got them for £300 pp return and economy was £250 , taking into account a bit of extra space , nice service and lounge the £50 extra is extremely good , I have never booked short haul economy and then upgraded to CE , but have heard they email with an offer to upgrade ? What was the main reason why you decided to upgrade ? Treat , price , service level , lounge etc ??
We're just back from Abu Dhabi and had booked CW in a sale at a great price , but I kept looking at reward availability and got 2 seats in First on the way out just 8/9 days before the flight and used AVIOS to pay and got the extra tier points too and the AVIOS we earned from the flight paid for the upgrade !!
Must admit though I've always enjoyed my CE flights , the service has always been excellent and felt very comfortable and relaxed on board , really looking forward to our Lanzarote flights .
Are you staying in Barcelona this time :D

Also noticed that they have launched a new route to Vienna from LGW from September , I went there a few years ago and would look to do a short stay there next year , I'm fully booked for this year !!

Hi Andy :)
I've only got 20 tier points :D
Paid £110 each to upgrade, I think I paid less than that last year. Just happens I took home a good wage this month, so......

Yep, staying in Barcelona this time, it's not just a 'Feed my flying habit' trip :D
Flying out first thing 6th July and back last thing 10th July.
Sorry to bug you again Andy:-)

Regarding the 2nd photo that you posted of the WTP cabin, can you confirm that all seats A & C have windows and none are blocked out? I'm assuming that the shutters have just been pulled downed in the photo?

Thanks again,
Pat
Hi Pat , it's the window blinds that are down , there are no windows blanked in the WTP cabin, from checking a 3 class 777 it seems that 5A and 5K in CW and 17A and 17K in WT have missing windows

Pippy , I don't think that's too bad a price and its nice to treat yourself , I think having a lounge to use and a bit more space on board means a more relaxed experience and leaves you feeling more refreshed to enjoy your break , I hope they look after you really well , you're off just after I get back , will have to visit Barcelona some time , would love to visit the Nou Camp ;) another to add to the bucket list !! I've just walked the 5.5km F1 track at Abu Dhabi , next time I do it in a car !! , really awesome place
Hi Andy, as I thought ... thanks for confirming:-)

Regards,
Pat
Hi Andy ... another question for you:-)

Normally when flying with Virgin or Thomson we normally purchase a half/full bottle of champagne while on board .... do BA offer this option?

Regards,
Pat
Hi Pat , as far as I know they don't have that option , I know with some airlines you can prebook it
TBH , I've never had to pay for champagne :rofl !!!
Is what I would suggest to the crew , when all is settled down is whether you can purchase some champagne as you are " celebrating " ( whatever ) they might let you buy a duty free bottle and serve that for you ( and before someone shouts me down that you can't drink duty free on a plane , I've read of instances on flyertalk that this sometimes happens !!) but the more likely outcome if you are cheerful and charming is that they will get you a glass from the CW cabin ;) there's plenty of it flowing in there !!
As I've said in posts before the LGW crews are really friendly , and realise its mainly leisure travellers and are more laid back and want you to have a good relaxing time , whenever I've travelled from LGW they have been round constantly offering refills and probably being a bit too liberal with the alcohol !! ( if there is such a thing :D )
From bits I've read the BA crews would like there to be an option for prebooking , but I'm sure you will find them fairly obliging if approached in the right way ;)
Hi Andy.

Thanks for the info and the tips ... may follow up with your suggestions:-)

On another note .... you have flown Business Class with BA? What is the difference between Business Class and CW? Reason I ask is that we have priced up VA Upgrades for our holiday to Mexico in June and prices are out of our league. However, BA Business Class are a probability and more feasible for us.

Regards,
Pat
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/business/club-world

Club World is the BA name for business class

Club world is a definite step up from WTP , like Upper class from PE on virgin , I haven't ever sat in Virgins upper class so can't compare it to club world , I'm guessing its somewhere between CW and First on BA .
CW is a very good travel option especially if you're travelling as a couple
It does have lie flat seats , so you can sleep
Many thanks again Andy:-)

Would you happen to have a link to the cabin layout in CW/BC as \I can't find it??

Regards,
Pat
Hi Pat ,
http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/b777-200er/40j24w219y.html
Shows the 40 seat layout in CW ,this is the layout of the plane that has been used from LGW to PUJ every time recently ( flight 2205 )
3 rows then 2 row cabin , I would choose row 4 or row 11 A/B or J/ K , as person in the window seat can get out unobstructed
Row 4 ... they are staggered, and are they looking onto each other? Whereas row 11 A/B and J/K are adjacent to each other? Am claustrophobic and a window seat is a must and prefer hubby to be next to me, so 11A/B or 11J/K wold be the better option?

Regards,
Pat
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=club+world+ba&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#imgrc=PNt4h0pOrK2jvM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmrsoaroundtheworld.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F03%252FBritish_Airways_Bu_2491883a-550x342.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmrsoaroundtheworld.com%252F2014%252F03%252F17%252Fflight-british-airways-club-world-business-class-london-lhr-new-york-jfk%252F%3B550%3B342

Not sure if the above link works , but just google club world BA and you can view images of CW

All the rows in CW are 8 across on 777s AB. DEFG. JK four face forwards and 4 backwards ( ying/ yang style ) if in the window seats you will face each other , which feels as normal as sitting next to each other when talking , the middle blind can stay down all flight , row 11 in the second part of the cabin are still ying yang , the last row in each cabin is ideal as the person in the window seat has no person in a row behind who would be facing forwards in seat B of that row , both row 4 and row 11 are the same in that aspect ( there is no row 5 on a 3 class LGW plane and no row 6, 7,8,9,on any 3 class 777
I think you would find any window seat row ok in that each seat has 2 windows and the only seat next to it is an aisle seat facing forwards , so any A&B or J&K they are perfect for couples as in pairs and private , the only sensation of sitting in a backward facing seat is felt on take off and landing ( just feels a bit different ) .
Window seats would feel better than being in the middle 4 if you're prone to feeling claustrophobic , although we have sat in the middle 2 of the 4 facing backwards together and liked the seats .
Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for the info .... really helpful and appreciated:-)

Another question ...... do you have to pay to reserve your seat numbers if flying CW as you do in PE or is this included in the cost of the upgrade? Also, would you happen to know the best number to contact BA on as |I'm sure there are probable a few floating about?

Many thanks again.
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.