Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can I check in online, but not print off the boarding cards? I plan to take my netbook on holiday, but not a printer, obviously!

I've pre-booked seats on the outward flight, so assume I don't have to check in online?
Mobor One,

Options are here. You can use your smartphone rather than printing off boarding cards. You don't have to check-in online, it's one of several options.

Darren
Ah, it looks like we can check in online and print the boarding pass at the airport. BA don't pre-allocate seats, so wanted to check in to make sure we had two seats together.
BA have popped another 50p onto the cost of credit card bookings - now a fiver with UK used credit cards....worse than EZY!
I have just been changed from Malaysian Airlines flights to BA flights for next Feb. I am flying LHR to BKK on 23rd Feb, BA9, could you tell me what aircraft this is likely to be please. Returning 10th March direct from Singapore to LHR, BA16. I'm trying to find a seat plan for these flights, as although I now have a direct flight the TA can't book my seats for me like she could on Malaysian Airlines.
madsue,

LHR-BKK (BA009) are operated by Boeing 777-200/ER
SIN-LHR (BA016) are operated by Boeing 777-300/ER

Daren
Thanks for the quick reply Dazbo. What does the ER mean?
Why did you change from Malaysian Airlines Mad Sue? Confidence thing?
No, not at all nivsy, I was happy to fly Malaysian Airways. However my TA rang to say BA had released flights for the same price and the return is a direct flight from SIN to LHR. The Malaysian Airways return flight was Singapore/Kuala Lumpur/LHR with a 4 hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur.
Once you get your PNR for the BA flight via your TA, you should be able to enter the detail on BA.com and if you choose to do so buy your seats on the BA flight. Other than that it tends to be free seat selection at 24 hours prior to departure time.
Malaysia airlines is restructuring and are cutting 6000 jobs ( out of 20,000 ) and cutting routes , I doubt LHR would be affected but I believe they operate 2 flights a day ( might cut it to 1 ? ) if loads stay light , also having a sales promotion titled " bucket wish list " hardly seems appropriate with recent events :duh Though this has been withdrawn .
Changing to a direct flight and same cost would seem a good choice when weighing everything up

I thought BA was going to use an A380 on the SIN route , but that's on BA12 flight , the 777 remains on BA16
The BA 380 is only on certain days of the week Andy (am myself using it in Dec on this route. The 777 is thee alternative days. MH use the ir own 380 to Paris CDG, I understand they intend to use it at LHR as well although I have not seen there yet so assume it is still to start on KUL-LHR-KUL.

Nivsy
Hope you enjoy your 380 flight , I've yet to sample that plane !!
I will be trying a BA 747 for the first time in November , thinking they won't be around much longer but then read this today !
http://www.thebasource.com/british-airways-announces-b747-400-cabin-refresh-program/

Looks like they will be in service for quite a few more years now :D
quite a few of the 747's have been withdrawn from service and others to follow. Indeed looks like 18 will certainly be retained with the refurb.

Glad you are getting the chance to be on the 747.
im booked with ba for xmas /newyear goa,......newcastle,heathrow,mumbai,then internal flight with jet to goa.im aware of my baggage allowance with ba,23kilos .however with jet airlines (internal flight),you are only allowed 15,will i have to pay excess baggage.i have booked it all on the one ticket if that makes any difference,thanks
les127,

You should be through checked so your 23kg allowance should stand on your internal flights in India. It might be worth an email to BA just to check though.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.