Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
im booked on a ba flight to mumbai and was wondering do they have usb points to plug in my ipad,its flight no is....BAO199 fro hethrow.thanks guys
There was nothing on the seats when we went economy to Bangkok recently
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/ba-inflight-entertainment-scales-new-heights-8741635.html

Hi Les , the above link gives some info , I've got to be honest I've not noticed the USB points under the screen , but my wife remembers seeing them , apparently I only eat , drink and sleep according to her !!

Looking at the current aircraft operating the BA199 flight it is mainly the 777-300 which does have the newest cabin , sometimes a 777-200 is used and the majority of these have the Thales system which is reviewed in the above link , you can view past flight info on http://www.thebasource.com , select BA Tracker and then put BA199 into the flight tracker .

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/economy/world-traveller

The above link also gives info on what to expect , and also info on power supply , if you fly on the 777-300 you will have exactly what you need . Hope this helps
Mobor 1 , just viewing past flights on BA9. LHR to BKK and these show as using the three class 777 which are using the G-YMM series that have the Rockwell Collins entertainment system instead of Thales , I'm not sure if this makes a difference to the facilities available like USB etc ?? I'm stuck in my own flight mode :D
I cannot believe how BA operate I booked and paid for our flights Manchester to Mumbai return back in May this year at a cost of £1212.00 (for two) after much debate we thought it would be a nice treat to upgrade from economy to world travel plus but before ringing I looked on line to see if there where seats available by doing a false booking and sure enough there where seats available and if I booked now the flight would have been £1572.00 to fly world travel plus a total of £360 more however when I rang BA they wanted a further £618
I am a executive member flown with them for 30years +
Never again will I book and pay so far in advance it obviously doesn't pay to do so
Ah the joys of advance booking (with any carrier) and the flucuation of prices during the interim - something I am sure the majority of people have experiencd if daring enough to check - sometimes you win and sometime you loose.

As you say that you are a BA Exe club member I assume with 30 years of flying with BA you have since the introduction of avios been collecting them and inded maybe already have some status withn the exec club? Anyway using avios to up grade when available rather than cash is the way to utilise avios points collected. Another small thig worth considering when on phone to BA-if the agent appears in your opinion to be wrong politely finish the call and try again. You will likely get a different agent and you nver know your luck. However upgrading from one cabin to anotherby doing dummy bookings is not simply a case of a price differential between what was originally booked to what is available now. Not with BA nor any carier. To do so wuld mean everyone looking for upgrades and i am afraid you cannot always have your cake and eat it.
Hi Nivsy
I take on board what you are saying I just think it's unfair of BA to charge a admin fee of £100 each on top of the upgrade. price after all we haven't even booked a seat just the flight, anyway I have learnt my lesson
Just as a after thought when we get to the airport. If we ask for upgrade there will they still want a admin fee?
Or will it be just upgrade cost?
Not sure what you mean about cake and eat it?
Upgrade cost at airport will be all inclusive cost. Regardless, it is the tax thst is the main cost flying from the uk and tends to be a good proportion of the long haul cost or indeed for mid to short haul tax is the bulk of the cost. Tax costs will be what they will be regardless however sometimes value is better when say booked in economy plus but look to upgrade to business.
Hi Darren,

Have only flown short haul with BA (many years ago!) and am considering flying World Class Traveller Plus with them in Sept (LGW-Punta Cana) Can you tell me what aircraft they use?

Many thanks,
Pat
Many thanks boacbaby. any idea what version it is, as there appears to be 2?

Thanks,
Pat
It could be 1 0f three-

14F 48J 40W 124/7Y

48J 24W 203Y

40J 24W 219Y

Hope this helps.
But most definitely the third option ,
As the flight LGW to PUJ is a three class service , so has no F seats
The LGW registered 777s are configured as 40 J. 24 W. 219 Y
Although plane changes can happen last minute etc

Pat take a look at http://www.thebasource.com Lots of BA info on there regarding aircraft

There are 2 LGW registered planes G-YMMR and F that are 48 J 24 W. 203 Y but the majority of LGW planes are from the G- VII* series
I agree it probably will be 40J 24W 219Y but over the last 28 days G-VIIU/Y has been used on this route 8 times and these aircraft do have a first class cabin.
That's right but that flight BA2157 to Punta Cana was via Antigua , now there is a non stop service to Punta Cana BA2205 twice a week and the most recent flights for that route have used a three class aircraft .

http://www.thebasource.com/?s=Punta+Cana

I think Pat was viewing flights for next September and I think they have flights on Sunday and Thursday , perhaps wait a short while as I'm sure a BA sale will come along soon , they usually do around Xmas time / new year
My sister and I will be flying LGW - BCN and back, in July. She is a vegetarian and I've just tried to request a veggie meal option for her, without success (can't highlight the meal option). Does this mean it's only available to Club Europe passengers?
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/food-and-drink/special-meals

Hi Pippy , looks like Club Europe passengers or those on longer Euro Traveller flights , I think in ET it's a snack and drink service , probably better picking something up from Boots or WHS etc !!

See you're flying BA again , you will soon be getting status :D Who you're off to see this time ?
andy66 wrote:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/food-and-drink/special-meals

Hi Pippy , looks like Club Europe passengers or those on longer Euro Traveller flights , I think in ET it's a snack and drink service , probably better picking something up from Boots or WHS etc !!

See you're flying BA again , you will soon be getting status :D Who you're off to see this time ?

Haha! :D Not a gig-trip, 'just' a holiday ;)

It's no biggie about the food, not on such a short flight. I'm keeping an eye out for cheap upgrades though, would be great if that was offered again :)
I booked BA again because easyJet hadn't released their flights and the BA prices were very reasonable; I only paid about £86 return, each. Will be nice to avoid the EJ terminal in Barcelona! It's a bit basic.
Keep checking on MMB for cheap upgrades to see if anything good comes along , you never know !

Pippy wrote:

I booked BA again because easyJet hadn't released their flights and the BA prices were very reasonable; I only paid about £86 return, each. Will be nice to avoid the EJ terminal in Barcelona! It's a bit basic.

Aaahh a savvy traveller :D ;) I've booked CE to Lanzarote next June/ July for us 2 plus my sister and partner , looked afterwards and no surprise that Thomson was more when including bags and on checking EJ by the time I'd added bags and select seats and booked a lounge at LGW it was much the same price and I get poo and points on top of that ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.