Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Have you looked on seat guru, this may give you an idea on the best seat
Check basource on line which may aide your decision. Seatgaru is hit and miss.
I have tried both I'm now waiting to hear back from http://www.thebasource.com/
I ant get seat reviews to work.
On seat guru the maps totally different to BAs own map
I will let you know when I hear back but thanks for your help
tush,

It all comes down to personal preference. Ask 10 people, you'll probably get 10 different opinions. There aren't really any 'best' seats.

Darren
Yes I agree Darren but I have never noticed seats row 35 j&k before on any of the maps so just wondered if they would be in a better potion than row 50 however the most important thing for us is the two seats together rather than the three
tush wrote:
I have tried both I'm now waiting to hear back from <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">INVALID URL
I ant get seat reviews to work.
On seat guru the maps totally different to BAs own map
I will let you know when I hear back but thanks for your help

Here is the BA website seatplans
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/about-ba/fleet-facts/boeing-777-300

Here is seat gurus seatplans
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_777_300.php

Here is the BA source seat plan
http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/b777-300er/14f56j44w183y.html

They both look the same to me ? Row 50 indicates that there is limited recline and near the toilets row. 35 only has J&K as the toilets are near to them , again they have limited recline as the exit is behind the seats
Also on row 28 there are pairs of seats but they will be blocked out because they are bassinet seats , if they are not needed by passengers travelling with babies they are released around 3 days before the flight but you would need status to bag these at -72 hours although they might still be available at -24

Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
tush,

It all comes down to personal preference. Ask 10 people, you'll probably get 10 different opinions. There aren't really any 'best' seats.

Darren

Well there are , but they're further forward , very near the front :D ;) But to be fair even those are down to personal preference :rofl
Also row 49 has pairs , the one thing to bear in mind is that if you are seated right at the back you will probably be one of the very last to leave the plane and then you're back of the queue for immigration , but then I would think the toilets around row 35 would be busier than those around row 50 ??
But overall having any seats in pairs I imagine is more desirable than sitting next to strangers .
What is it that is so undesirable about single travellers that so many people don't want to sit next to us? I can assure you as someone who usually has no option other than to sit next to strangers on planes and trains that they are no more likely to smell bad, drink too much, engage you in unwanted conversation, be infectious, spill over into your personal space etc than people travelling with a companion. Perhaps in future I should always wherever possible request a seat in a paired row so that I only have to sit next to one stranger rather than 2 or 3 of them? Will my travelling experince really be improved the more I minimise the number of strangers I have to sit close to? ;)

SM
Please don't take it personal SMa more to the point we hate keep asking the aisle person to move whilst we go to the loo or for a walk plus I tend to grunt a bit (snore) which is a bit embarrassing especially if my head leans on the third person, only joking but seriously it must be a bit of a nuisance for the third person on the aisle seat keep having to move
Your right Andy they are the same I've been looking at it too long and I take your observations on board (forgive the pun) I think the row 50 is the most desirable we are not too bothered about full recline as we do not use it ourselves and hate it when others do full recline either the full journey or when people suddenly use them without warning and we have food or drinks on the drop down table
tush wrote:
Please don't take it personal SMa more to the point we hate keep asking the aisle person to move whilst we go to the loo or for a walk plus I tend to grunt a bit (snore) which is a bit embarrassing especially if my head leans on the third person, only joking but seriously it must be a bit of a nuisance for the third person on the aisle seat keep having to move

I have a solution for you! Offer them the window seat! :rofl

SM
No sorry can't do that looking out the window makes my flight I especially like the take off and landing
In discussing with Tush which " pairs " of seats are best in the economy cabin of a BA 777-300 , as there aren't many and it's quite unusual to find pair seating unless booking a more premium cabin at a more significant price especially on long haul travel , I inadvertently suggested that if you were travelling with a companion that any pair seating in a long haul economy cabin would be more desirable than sitting in a 3 or 4 seat row next to a stranger .

I apologise unreservedly for this being slightly implied that a single traveller would be considered undesirable , I would also like to make it absolutely clear that any single traveller I have ever encountered hasn't smelled bad , drank too much , invaded my personal space etc etc , apart from the young lady on a flight to Tenerife who had eaten far too much garlic the night before and then drank like a fish all flight and then grabbed at me rather inappropriately considering my wife was in close proximity , although this was reasonably excusable as it was our 3rd attempt at landing at TFS and she was convinced we were all going to die , I did feel sorry for her , it wasn't an ideal start to a hen holiday . I was happy to make allowances for a drunk hysterical woman , not too big a deal , but the smell of garlic was a bit off putting ;)

I do think any travelling experience would be enhanced by having more privacy

Tush , I'm glad you found the information useful, and found my observations reasonable, at least you have been able to make a clear choice that row 50 is most desirable for your own personal situation , and hope you have a relaxing and stress free flight .
Tush, I agree about the window seat it makes my flight to be able to look out and enjoy and happy to pay for it
Thanks very much Andy and everyone else for you help it's much appreciated.
Yes shrimper it's good to look down and watch the world go by it's just a pity there isn't proper info as to exactly what you are flying over it would make the flight much more interesting if you could identify things
No problem Tush.
There is a you tube link,
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYWr5XggROs
Of the inflight entertainment and interactive map on a 777-300. The bit about the map starts just before the 8 min mark and goes on for about 3.5 mins .
Andy your a star, the maps system looks pretty amazing I'm really looking forward to our flight now.
Have BA refurbished the 777-300er the last time I flew in one the entertainment didn't look anything like that
Hi Tush , as far as I know all the 777-300ER s have the Thales IFE system , it's the i5000 model :que ??!! And that has the GeoFusion mapping , I remember using the map on my last flight ( just over a week ago ) and that had the 3D map , I didn't know you could fiddle around with it !! I was just watching the map as we came in over Kent , and we were flying on a 747 , I would have to check if that was a Thales system . I just watch a film and eat and drink , I'm not that ultra interested in what's on the system , I just click on the first thing that grabs my attention , unbelievably I watched Fawlty Towers on the way out ( wardolf salad episode ) ;) I'm easily pleased :D
The 777-300 s are a very new addition to the fleet , I think the oldest is only 4 years old , so I don't think they have been refurbished , things have to be at least 10 years old before BA refurbish them !!

Edit , I flew out on a 747 ( didn't view map ) but back on 777-200ER and that had the 3D map !! :duh
Hi Andy I'm not a aircraft buff so I'm not right sure of one type of aircraft from the other but I do fly to Mumbai every year round about the same time so just assumed the plane would be the same 777-300er
However like you I just flick on anything that grabs my attention as for the maps I can't recall anything like the one demonstrated on the video, but I will take more notice this time, any distraction is a welcome one on long haul flights I just wish airline companies would do more to make economy class more comfortable especially the seats, a bit more padding would be very much appreciated let alone leg room.
(Rant over)
Hi Tush , I've just had a quick check and it appears that they started using a 777-300 on 30th March 2014 , previous to that they used a 747 , so perhaps you flew on a 747 last year or very early this year .
I think the GeoFusion map is a fairly newish addition , I did notice on my last flight that it was a 3D map and can't remember seeing that before .
I will have to pay more attention on my next flight in March !!
Anyway it seems you should have a more comfortable flight this time being on a 777-300 , hope the seats are more comfortable !
I have to admit that I've only flown CW and First long haul on BA , just booked next November's flights to Dubai in F for only £517rtn pp ;) so I don't have much to rant about !!
Hi Andy
I flew in January this year so it could well have been I've never flown on the 77-300 I have to say I'm am really looking forward to the new experience and will come back to HT to let you know how it went, in the mean time thanks ever so much for your help and guidense it s been really helpful
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.