America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Broadway shows
12 Posts
ticketmaster.com (the us site)
you can scroll down and opt for broadway shows
Brilliant thanks for that i will check it out now as if any thing like London they sell out months in advance!!! might as well do it all while im in NY!!!

Just now got to decide if i want to book the Roosevelt or the Belvedere both nearly the same price!!

Gill x
dont buy tickets now, wait till you get there and buy from the ticket booth in times square, you will save a fortune,
half price booth ok but don't really have the best shows. If you want to see a specific show I would book before you go and perhaps book another from the half price booths when you are there
Thanks for those thoughts....Yes there will be only certain musicals I want to see wont just go for the sake of going if you know what I mean!!! In London the popular shows sell out months in advance. Found out that Grease is on when I am there but will wait and see if any more musicals are coming at the time I am there.

Gill x
Gill, playbill.com lists all the shows, where they there are on, what they are about and who is in them so make that your first port of call to see which you fancy.
There are loads of stars currently on broadway such as Liev Schriber, David Hyde Pearce and Kevin Spacey.
Also register with broadwaybox.com for details of all discounts and they'll mail you every couple of days. They often have massive discounts. I'm keeping an eye out for Curtains, which is supposed to be fun.
We've decided to give the ticket booth a miss as you can only get them on the day of show and may not have what we want.
Gill - just a quick update -
I would definitely recommend broadwaybox.coms I've just got tickets for Curtains for $69 when the face value is $111. You can order tickets on line to pick up at the box office, it's a secure payment and you get email confirmation of your transaction.
Any questions just shout.
Hi,

just checked and the days im going to be in NYC the only 2 I would like to go and see are Grease and Mary Poppins....mmmmmmm ive seen them although Grease was about 7 years ago...Mary poppins was only last year in London. Do you reacon they will open up any more for the end of October????

Gill x
Totally second Puddleduck.

We have used broadwaybox.com and got the best seats 1/2 price. normally they are released about 30 days before the date, if you sign up for email updates its handy.

You print out confirmation and take this along to the box office anytime before the show and collect the tickets.

The TKTs booth - there are always queues, its facing the Gershwin (Wicked) theatre (well it was in Nov last) and the queues were mad anytime we passed. There is another one in South St Seaport but like another poster said they are limited shows and limited seat selection. I personally could not be annoyed queuing when I could be seeing other sites.

There are some shows though that do not release reduced tickets anywhere so have a look on playbill and broadwaybox and if your show doesnt have any discounts listed book it now!!! I booked Wicked 10 months in advance last year.

HTH
Jaime C :wave
Do you think they will start any NEW musicals by October or would they have them on sale already??? If no new ones then ill most likely go and se Grease.

As its only 7 months till Ill be there..................mmmmmmmmm.......ill have to start packing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill x
Do you think they will start any NEW musicals by October

Crikey - that's a hard one Gill, it's impossible to say unless someone knows of a site that gives details of upcoming shows. The Producers is due to finish this month so I would assume that something must be replacing it, however that one has been running for years so it's entirely possible that they may do a refurb before opening that theatre again.

As Jaime says the discounts on Broadwaybox as usually newish - meaning you can book for up to 6-8 weeks beforehand depending on what it is you want to see. We had a list of quite a few things that we fancied and were flexible on what we saw but if there is something in particular you want to see and don't want to risk not getting tickets then book now but obviously you'll pay full price. (I have to say in all the time I've looked on Broadwaybox they've never had any Mary Popppins tickets at discount because it's usually sold out)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.