Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Do they have ABTA and ATOL numbers?
Not had personal experience of the company but just for your information the company is both ABTA and ATOL bonded.

ABTA 17088
Broadway Travel Service (Wimbledon) Ltd Head Office
Fantastic discounts on flights, holidays, hotels, apartments & villas. Visit our website to see! 17088 V917X
45 Cheapside,
LUTON Bedfordshire LU1 2HN Tel : 01582 727513

Additional Trading Names registered with ABTA:

(17088)
(17088) BroadwayTravel.com
(V917X)
(V917X) BroadwayTravel.com

ATOL 3634

Company Name: Broadway Travel Service (Wimbledon) Ltd Trading Names:
ATOL Number: 3634
Address: 45 Cheapside
Luton
Beds
LU1 2HN
Telephone: 01582 798313
Web Sites: http://www.broadwaytravel.com
ABTA 17088
Broadway Travel Service (Wimbledon) Ltd Head Office
Fantastic discounts on flights, holidays, hotels, apartments & villas. Visit our website to see! 17088 V917X
45 Cheapside,
LUTON Bedfordshire LU1 2HN Tel : 01582 727513

Additional Trading Names registered with ABTA:

(17088)
(17088) BroadwayTravel.com
(V917X)
(V917X) BroadwayTravel.com

ATOL 3634

Company Name: Broadway Travel Service (Wimbledon) Ltd Trading Names:
ATOL Number: 3634
Address: 45 Cheapside
Luton
Beds
LU1 2HN
Telephone: 01582 798313
Web Sites: http://www.broadwaytravel.com
Thanks! We have booked up for Kos in June. Just a bit curious as it's the first time we've booked over the net and not a package holiday with a travel agent. :wink:
We used this company in October to go to USA [flights and car] had no problems whatsoever
i have used them once so far using them again in july so that tells you that they are good we used them when we went to tenerife back in january read my review about accommodation under hotel reviews and look for neptuno apartments my family have also used them no problems to majorca last july
We booked a week in Lanzarote (3 to 10 Apr 2005) with Broadway after searching on the web. We chose Broadway because the flights they were offering were at more social hours than other operators' and we were due in work on 11 April. A week or so before we were supposed to depart, they called us to say that the flights had been changed and despite all our protests, we were stuck with flights no better than those we could have bought from any number of web sites. We can't find any evidence that the flights they originally promised ever existed and we suspect that they promised anything they thought we would like the sound of, knowing that their terms would allow them to book us later on any last minute flights they could pick up at a knock-down price. The original offereing would have departed at 16.30 to get to Gatwick at 20.30. After flight changes, delays, wrong announcements on the departures screen, no information about the delay and a "technical stop" at Santiago which was only revealed to us once we had boarded the flight, we landed at Gatwick at 02.45 on the Monday morning we were due back at work. By the time we got home, I had just time to shower, change and go to work. We suspect we were "had". :cry: :cry: :cry:
Booked a last minute holiday with Broadway in April.

Week in Tenerife. Everything OK
We recently returned from Icmeler, Turkey having booked through Broadway Travel. Everything went fine, no problems at all. We would certainly use them again.

Barbara
i am thinking of booking a holiday with broadway travel via the internet.

they are fully bonded with both atol and abta, however i have never heard anything of the either good or bad.

has any members had any dealings with this company? if so can you please advise.

thanks

nemo.
Hi Nemo,

I tried using Broadway when booking a short break a couple of weeks ago after finding them through a Teletext search. I was not at all happy with the repeated failure to call me back as promised and eventually gave up when the young man at the end of the `phone (my umpteenth call to them) sighed and put the phone down on me!

They seemed unable/unwilling to deliver any of their advertised deals (I wanted to fly from Bristol) and blamed the airlines for `not updating their information`........this was after I had been told they didn`t call back because they were `busy with customers`.........of which, I reminded him, I was one!

Frustrated and annoyed, I called Expedia who were polite, efficient and got my business straight away.

You will make your own decisions, but I would never call them again.
has anyone booked a holiday with broadway travel and if how did the booking/company fare? :?:
Hi nemo ... you have asked this question before, please refer to earlier posts.

David :wave
I used Broadway for accommodation only, for Crete this year, and (also accommodation only), for Turkey for next year.

- they appear to be offering most of the same accommodation only deals as Medhotels but CHEAPER- when we got the paperwork we found they were acting as agents for Medhotels !!

There were no problems at all - they even knocked a few quid off to price beat another site (but not all their staff seem willing to do this).

Flights only / packages from Broadway, from my experience have been less competative than booking independently - but that is only my experience.
Used Broadway Travel over the internet for Florida last July.

Booked flights, villa for 8 and car hire with them. All bookings went smoothly and there were no probs whatsoever. Holiday went without a hitch as well.

I would definately use them again, and would recommend.

Cheers

Looby xxx
:wave
Was a Thomson's customer for years - even a shareholder - but got fed up with their surly attitude when booking on the phone.

Tried Broadway in summer 2005. Was dubious about the whole thing but it worked out a lot cheaper and with less hassle.

May have been lucky but got a very nice woman to do the booking via phone..... as no increase in price if you do it this way.

Tickets turned up well on time and no problems at hotel with paperwork.. well not more than the normal anyway.

Even with taxis still worked out a lot cheaper and becuase you don't have to wait for the Thomson's bus - you are ahead of the booking in queue at the hotel and not in the crowd at the airport when it's time to go home.

As we didn't see a rep at the hotel - didn't miss one.

Very happy that everything went right.

I'm looking at their website again this year.
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had booked with Broadway Travel and what this company was like?. I was thinking of booking my next holiday to florida with them for next year, I always book with Travelcity but Broadway Travel was coming out slightly cheaper. Thanks
Hi kristina ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing Broadway Travel topic, which should provide you with some useful feedback.

David :wave
we have booked with broadway travel, last month ,to florida ,original booking o.k had to make a large deposit.After hearing about poor flights . decided to change flights through them. have been ripped of big time.taken most of the deposit including payment for meals which are extra. dont go till next august.Also after booking & deposit payed communication non existent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.