Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
budget
9 Posts
Yes £50 a day will be ample if you stick to what you say,last year spent £600 and went to a lot of more expensive restarants and stayed 3 weeks,mind thats not counting what my better half spent on bags and them other things women must have,goa caters for every budget.
Plenty money, dont worry you will be fine :D
Hmm i don't know yummymummy.

You may have to cut down on the room service and champagne with your breakfast for that ;)

You have to do a couple of days seeing how little you can spend. Then you can spend the following days in extreme luxury.

4000 a day will be great fun
Hello, thanks for putting my mind at ease.
We do have a debit card to take with us which has around 500pounds to spend, but i am worried that as soon as i use it for the first time in Goa it will be blocked.
I have already informed my bank that i will be withdrawing in Goa, but the man i spoke to said they might do more checks if i spend more than i do in the uk.
We do have a debit card to take with us which has around 500pounds to spend, but i am worried that as soon as i use it for the first time in Goa it will be blocked.
I have already informed my bank that i will be withdrawing in Goa, but the man i spoke to said they might do more checks if i spend more than i do in the uk.

You really shouldn't have a problem especially if you've informed them. However make sure you have a number you can call for you bank from Goa ie. NOT an 0845 type number just in case.

Cheers
Banker Rog
Thanks Rog, i'l try and get a number today

ps, why shouldnt i get the 0845 number?
ps, why shouldnt i get the 0845 number

08xx number are business rate services in the UK ie the cost of the call is shared with the business you are calling ( eg freephone, local call ect.)

However
when calling from abroad such as 0044 845 xxxxx they are treated as premium rate numbers and calls cost significantly more than calling a standard geographical number (e 0044 20 xxxxxx for london)

Also you cant call an 0845 number from many pre paid phone cards.

You might find help to find your number here: http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php/

Cheers
Ring Ring Rog :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.