Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi I have received the same letter today and have been told that I can have a full refund. That sounds to me as though the building work is quite serious.

If you have any further information I would be grateful to receive it.

Many thanks.
I am going to the Alba Resort on Sunday. I received the same letter as you have with the same lack of help from Thomas Cook staff. I contacted the hotel directly by email (which Thomas Cook said they tried to do, but received no reply) and I received a reply within two days. They say that the Alba Royal is opening on 1st May so not to worry.

Thomas Cook also contacted their head office (after chasing them to do so for over a week) and they said that the work would be moderate, and the hotel would locate any guests away from any noise.

I stayed here last May when they were starting to build the Alba Royal, and even though they work all hours of the day, the main pool plays music, so you don't hear anything there.

You will enjoy staying there and we may even bump into each other. I'll look out for 11 people staying together. :cheers
thanks kellyreid-i appreciate your reply-looking forward to going, we fly on the 13th from newcastle, hope the weather stays good :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.