Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Travellerbaby

Firstly Welcome to the Forums 😀

I have done some digging on the internet and people who have recently stayed don't look like there has been much moaning or complaining. The agent may have an errata that had to disclose. I have visited multiple sites and can't find any bad feedback..

Lance
Wouldn't like to guess if the work would be near completion Travellerbaby. Work could stop during peak season & then restart. Also bear in mind even if the building itself is complete, noise from angle grinders due to tiling does carry & more than likely dusty.

By accepting a discount, it could be perceived as accepting any work being carried out & you may not have any recourse if it does marr your holiday.

I'm going to Corralejo in Fuerteventura in June & we are going over to Playa Blanca. I could have a scout around for you but you may want to book before then.

Edit to add. Last year in Fuerteventura there was renovation work going on behind, & along from our complex, all we could hear was the angle grinders stopping & starting throughout the day. It didn't spoil our holiday as we were away from any dust, but you are aware! 😉
Thanks Lance

I think we've decided it's not worth the risk! Even with the discount the villa isn't cheap and it would be such a shame if the holiday was ruined due to noise.

Thanks again,
Kate
Hi Glynis

Thanks so much for offering to go and have a look, that's really kind! I think I'll take your advice and choose somewhere else. As you say, it wouldn't be very relaxing listening to drilling and grinding while play by the pool! Thanks for your help,

Kate
You're welcome Kate, have a lovely time :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.