Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi ashtonsmum.

you say you dont want anywhere to lively so I would suggest that you try either Ravda or Nessebar rather than Sunny beach as they tend to be a bit quieter and are not subject to the 18-30 bar crawls if you dont mind it being a bit livlier then by all means there are a lot of nice hotels there such as Korona Meridian mercury globus fenix fiesta beach to name a few but have a look at the likes of Balkans website which will give you an idea of where they are and what ammenities are around about. hope this helps. :cheers
have a look at Sveti Vlas. Its on the edge of Sunny Beach, but without too much noise. SB is only a 1lev bus away.
There are plenty of retaurants in Vlas to choose from, most are reviewed in here.
If you want the night life SB by bus, or a good walk and a taxi back is a good option.
Thank you for your reply, The hotel we might choose to stay in is half board. How much money do you recommend spending money? We arent big drinkers but would obv be having a drink, also non smokers so wony be bringing back cigs

Sarah
hi sarah we have been going to sunny beach for a few years ( going again august ) in my opinion i would go b&b or self catering as the food in the hotels is just ok you might find a lot of people saying the same thing it is so cheap to eat out and there are so many places to eat if you have any questions pm me and i will do all i can to help bulgaria is a lovely place hope this helps tania xx :cheers
Hi Tania thank you for you reply,

The hotel we like it with Thomson-Majestic Hotel in Sunny beach-the offer on the website is for half board, although I think you can have self catering, think I'd have to go into a shop to find out.

How much on average would we be looking to pay for meals out/alcohol -cocktails/shopping etc?

How much also would you recommend spending money if we are staying in a HB hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah x
hi sarah you can still get a pint of lager for about 60p a lot of the coktails are bogof and when we were there in 09 they were about £2.50ish depending where you go nearer the beach they are a bit more expensive are you planning to go on trips ? we take £1000 for 2 weeks thats for 2 adults and one 12yr old and we are fine but we do like to splash out on holiday i like to think if i see something i like i can get it without having to think about it tania xx
Thanks for that! It will just be myself and partner going, my 4 year old is staying at home for this one! Want a week just me and my partner for a change!

Its a last min thing so wont have alot of money which is why I wanted to know roughly how much would be enough, we dont smoke or drink an awful lot and if hotel is HB would only be eating out once in awhile

Sarah xx
hi sarah i would say if your not planning on doing much just relaxing i would say about £300 would be plenty you might not spend it but its better to be safe than sorry change your money over there you get a better rate xx
Thank you very much! Where do you recommend exchanging money over there if the rate is better then? x
hi sarah there is a bank at the royal barcelo hotel thats a good rate or at the globus hotel just be careful you can get ripped off just like you can all over you might get people trying to change you money on the street im sure you know not to do that you will have a brill time if you need anymore info pm me and i will help you if i can tania xx :cheers
ashtonsmum wrote:
Where do you recommend exchanging money over there if the rate is better then?

Here are four links to Bulgarian high street banks' websites, so that you can compare the rates available in Bulgaria with those offered in the UK:

United Bulgarian Bank - current rate at time of checking £1=2.15210 Leva
Raiffeisen - current rate at time of checking £1=2.1580 Leva
Unicredit Bulbank - current rate at time of checking £1=2.125 Leva
Alpha Bank - current rate at time of checking £1=2.1503 Leva

See the 'sticky' HERE for currency information, etc.

Don't forget that Scottish banknotes are not widely accepted in Bulgaria - better to take clean (unmarked with no writing/rips/tears/corners missing, etc.) £10/£20 Sterling banknotes.

Here are the current rates at time of checking for VISA (£1=2.206127 Leva) & Mastercard (£1=2.209921 Leva), in case you have a debit card which doesn't charge for foreign currency ATM withdrawals but be aware that most charge - see HERE for the loads & fees applied to the majority of UK Credit/Debit Cards.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.