Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks to the magic of google I can tell you that the number is +34 639 002 425 and you should call after 2pm for bookings.
Thanks Big Chiv,
I did try google myself but didn't have much sucess but I'm not to good with computers still learning
Thanks again
When I typed it in google the first entry was a review from some people from Manchester. You might want to read it before you go. I know you have been there before but it would make me wary of "over-indulging" in there.
Hi big chiv, finally found the reveiw you were referring to , I suppose we're all entitled to a opinion. We were there in april last year and our bill was about 60euros and that included the 5euro cover charge per person. The bar staff keep a tab of what you drink which we were abit wary of but considering my other half will only drink bitter which is always dearer, due to being imported, and plenty of it we thought that approx.£45 for a night out with great entertainment was reasonable. The place is a bit small, probably only hold about 100 and as the staff show you to your seats they tend to cram you in abit but still didn't spoil our enjoyment. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been there and what they thought
Yvonne
Been once and never again - very cramped, hot and overpriced. We were almost forced into buying drinks we did not really want and made to feel mean when we said we didn't want another drink. It was as if we were taking up the seat of someone who would drink more than us.
Did complain to Bunnys partner about how we felt but it fell on deaf ears.
Hi Narial, sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Bunnys. We went there on the recomendation of some other holiday makers we had met. It was very small and cramped and I can imagine that in the height of summer it would be very hot. We were there in early april last year and had the most awful weather, only 5 half decent days out of 14, so it was obviously cooler then. We were sat with a couple who go to benalmadena twice a year who said they went bunnys every time they were there. They weren't very big drinkers at all but didn't seem to be pestered but perhaps the staff knew them.
I am wondering now whether booking to go back with our friends is a good idea, perhaps we'll just go and see Terri Fox at busby bar as he is the real star of the show and you don't have to pay to see him/her there
Yvonne
I'm sure there will be a lot of differing opinions, there always are about any drag show. I think it's unrealistic to go to a show like this, pay only 5€ to get in and then sit cuddling one or two drinks all night and complain they are overpriced :yikes

A lot of time, effort and money goes into these shows and they have to make a decent profit for them to keep updating the acts, pay for the costumes, lighting, sound, staff etc.

If you want cheap beers, there are plenty of bars in Bonanza Square that charge 1€ a drink and you can have your own show watching the looky looky men selling tat to holiday makers :rofl
Hi Wanakalou, I couldn't agree with you more, we always expect to pay more in a bar with entertainment because as you say they have more overheads. Reguarding drag shows, my other half has never really liked them but we heard such good reports of Bunnys that we decided to give them a go and infact it was his idea to try and book for when we go back in late september which coming from him is praise in deed. Can't wait to go and get away from this dreary weather we're having at the moment.
Yvonne
If I want to go to a show and "sit cuddling one or two drinks" as you put it then that is my perogative - that is all I drink where ever I go and do not want to be forced to buy more. I do want cheap beers I said I do not want to sit in a hot and cramped place drinking overpriced drinks.
Terri Fox at Busby's was good night out - much more pleasant place and also went to see drag acts at Bonanza Bar - a beautiful venue with good entertainment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.