Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
in my trips so far this year, i would definitely say that it has been quieter than before; certainly from a british viewpoint.
i think more of the hotels are catering for foreigners as there are still loads of germans and dutch about. also, the russians are coming(where did i hear that before).
i've been looking at flight prices for the rest of the year and gerona seems to have gone up a fair bit with ryanair with less really cheap deals, and they have cut more flights for the winter months, so i would suppose that ryanair are concerned that they might not fill all their winter flights.
certainly the prices in the resorts are creeping up, and with the lousy exchange rate, it is not as cheap as it was.
i think that you will be ok for a cheapy in late september as the credit crunch bites harder and the tour operators will all try to get rid of the holidays not sold, or cancelled by people who can no longer afford to go.

** Off topic comments removed. luci **
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-06-21 09:50:39
    To remove off topic comments
Well, i'll be having a wee look around in September anyway, but i'm not fussed given the strength of the euro at the mo! Had some good luck down the caravan first week in June with some smashing weather, but if the summer turns bad (as it has the last few days) i might just need some sun! :)
I think we may see further casualties amongst the coach companies with this credit crunch. Crazy, as the carbon footprint for coach travel is lower than flying, but for some reason airlines can still sell flights at silly prices :que
We've booked an Easyjet flight from Luton to Barcelona on 22nd August and thought we'd get a bargain, no such luck :(

It's actually costing us £687.86 for 2 adults and 2 children (16 and 13) :yikes

It makes you realise how cheap the coach package holidays are :offtop (sorry) !!
My wife & I must be lucky, we have booked easyjet for 23/09/08 to Barcelona cost £135 (including insurance) got hotel, (Indalo Park Hotel, Santa Susanna) for £221.00 weeks half board, through Travel Republic (they had a 65% sale on @ the time) Total £356.

Even if hotel not up to much, still a cheap base for a weeks holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.