Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
You are only allowed to bring back into the UK 200 ciggs each and 1 litre of spirits.They come along the beach selling cartons of ciggs,dont buy them they are fakes!!just buy at the airport.
So can I buy as many cigs as I like on the plane or airport coming back to UK?
no
you can only bring back 200 cigs
Hi,

Definitely avoid the cigarettes they sell on the beach. You can buy cigarettes in the shops for about 3.5TND (about £1.70) for a pack of 20. (Tunisian cigarettes eg Mars are cheaper). 'Proper' packs should have a blue ticket on the side of the flip top. Any others are either fake or duty frees that are being sold on.

A.
I smoke Superkings in the UK and Royales in Tunisia as they are very similar in size and taste. I paid 2.900 a packet last week in most places. I always buy them at the kiosks (never the street sellers). They don't sell them at the airport though. Someone I know got a load of Mars confiscated at the airport last year and also had his passport marked to say he couldn't take any cigarettes out of the country in future. His Tunisian son-in-law now sends him 1,000 every so often and has never had a problem. If that isn't crazy I don't know what is!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.