Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Where would you advise is the best place to get your visa? In this country or when you get to Cairo ?
At the airport when you arrive. Cheaper ( US$ 15 or equivalent in other foreign currency ) and easier. No photo needed etc. Just look at the visa thread at the top.
Hi there

we're going to Luxor in August for one week and wondered if the stamp we paid for at Sharm airport in April will be valid for this holiday. Anyone got any advice for me please?

Mary Tong
I doubt it very much, when you apply for a visa in the UK for anywhere in Egypt you always have to apply for :
1. A single entry visa
2. A Multiple entry visa
Each costs you a different price. I cannot think that the visa validity will be any different if you purchased it in Egypt. It would still be classed as a single entry visa I am sure. :(
Tez
Hi everyone,

this may seem a stupid question but will we need a visa for Hurghada?
We're new to all this and a bit thick!!! :oops:

Thanks, Paula.
Yep you require one for Hurghada.

It will cost you between £12-£16 STERLING in the Aiport upon arrival
Hi
sorry if this sounds daft, but, when i land in cairo it will be just after midnight, and i was wondering if the visa desk will be open at that time?
Thanks for you help!
Hi Nibsy,

As a Visa is a legal requirement when entering Egypt, you are able to purchase one at any time of the day or night.
Travelling to hurghada in february, and staying at makadi bay, we dont really wish to venture out and do any trips, unless a trip to the nearby island or something, forgots what its called!, but will we need a visa, if so, what currency? Thanks
Hi All, first timer to Egypt - I go on 4th August!! I know it'll be boiling, but my girlfriend is a teacher, so what can we do!?

Anyway, my question is: Do you need to have passport style photo's for your visa? Embassy website seems to indicate you do, but I might be mis-reading it!
Hi

No you don't need a passport style photo, when you arrive at the airport just hand over your passport and the payment at one of the small banks and they will put a stamp (sticker) in it and this is your Visa.

It is all very straight forward and quick when you get there :tup

You can also obtain your local currency at these banks at the government fixed rate.

Have a great time
Graham
We're flying to Hurghada in November having previously only been to Sharm , so we haven't required Visa's...has it been $15 for a while?, is it likely to increase ?, and would it be advisable to pay in Dollars, Sterling or Egyptian pounds?, also is it possible to buy visa's before you travel from the Egyptian consulate...i know it's a long way off but i like to plan ahead :think....
We didnt need visas when we went to Sharm as we were not going on any trips but a visa is compulsory for Hurghada.
If you look on the paperwork you get from the TA theres a sheet which has passport,visa etc information on.
I wished I had took this with me as it stated that the price for the Visa is $15 or equivalent.
The exchange rate for the $ when we went was 1.59 so should have paid £10 at the most.
We are hoping to return this year and I will sneak to the bank kiosks as we enter the terminal and I will pay with dollars as thats what it states on the paperwork from Thomas Cook.They have a nerve to charge £13 :rofl
I dont know how long the visa has been $15 but when we first went to Sharm 6 years ago the visa was $15 so hopefully the price wont change. :que
Hi there

We are travelling to Hurghada next Friday, if I take US Dollars to pay for my Visa do I go to the normal Visa desks (on the left as you go into the airport) or to the little bank kiosks (infront and to the right)?

Cheers
Help - We are travelling to Luxor next week. Can I pay for visa's with dollars; is it 15$ each or being english will I have to pay with £ notes - £15 each. Any advice greatly appreciated. Never been to egypt before. Doing a Nile cruise and stay.
Hi Flecky welcome to HT :wave:

You can pay in either US$ or £ sterling which ever you prefer, for example if paying in £ just put the £15 in your passport(s) and hand them to ANY one of the small banks on the left as you go in to arrivals ( I always use the furthest away one) and they will give you change back, will work out at about £12 (ish).

You can also exchange some currency here if you wish and you will get the fixed goverment rate.

Have a great time :tup

ps if for some reason you have $ with you everything is priced in $ at the airport duty free shop and you can easily spend them there, they do also take Euro and £.
Found it now Graham (can't beleive the thread was started by swiss in 2005 :yikes and is only one page ).

I think I will go for changing into $15 per person here so that I have the correct amount to hand over on arrival at Hurghada, as from what I am reading if I pay in sterling it could fluctuate with the exchange rate, but the $15 seems to be fixed.

Doe :sun2
does anyone know how much visa is to get into hurghada ? and best way to pay and where from am going on friday
If you go to the bank kiosks (on the left) in the terminal building, the visa will cost you $15 or £10.
If you pay at a desk with the reps (who pretend to be Thomas Cook/Thomson reps, but aren't) it will cost you £13.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.