Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
cala gogo
23 Posts
ive just booked with siesta for may/june 2012. i used to sell cala gogo for halcyon in the late 90's and it was one of the most popular sites. never went myself so will be interesting to see how it is now. cant find a single bad write up on the net. they do have a facebook page.
hi...dont know about the siesta site....this is new for next year......but we went calella de palafrugel a few years ago and did a day trip to rio d'aro.....its got a lovely beach and lots for the kids like a fair and amusement arcades....has a good bowling alley too....we enjoyed our day there .....tweetie
completely irrelevant but my memories of Cala Go Go from donkeys years ago 1990 - when it says its on a hillside i'd say more like a mountain. we were there when intersun were trading its that long ago, and we were at the top of the mountain. All the fabulous motor homes got the low down the hill pitches. I dont imagine they've cut off the hilside to make it easier. the free land train that ran then, only went as far as the pool to the beach, so then had huge sloping roads to go up. so you made sure you didnt forget anything.

It was awful in the summer heat, for years if anywheres mentioned being on a slight incline, i turn that translation into its a hill and keep well away :tongue . However, we all had the best suntans ever because we stayed out longer to avoid the walk back up the hills.

Bev
hi,im also booking up with siesta to go to cala gogo next year after spending many years at la masia (blanes) which we love but thought we would try somewhere else,would really like the good points and bad points of cala gogo,not about siesta as i cant fault them but just the site and surrounding area in general...ie good places to eat,the beach,prices ect ect.
thanks
hi sexysmurf......siesta has the cala go-go site new for next year....so if you book it you will be the expedition force .....and the one answering all the questions next year...our on line expert.....sarabecky went in the 90's and my experience is of a day out....it will be interesting to read what the people who go next year think.....The day we went it started off nice but then the heavens opened...there was thunder and lightening....(but I love the thunder and lightening ).....it didnt spoil it for us as we were celebrating a birthday.....there was a beer festival on but all the stalls were closed due to the bad weather....it had been nice when we arrived just before lunch and we had a nice walk along the beach, which is lovely ....we then had a walk past all the shops, which a lot were closed as was siesta....we were peckish and passing a mcdonalds....it was only a small place and everything we tried to order was either sold out or only enough for 1 or 2 of us... we were on the way to the big bowling alley....on the way we went in the arcades which are indoors and have a lot to amuse the kids including bumper cars and ground level trampolines ect....there was a brilliant offer on at the bowling alley....and we had a great time there...it has snooker and pool tables in too....it was raining lightly on the way but we werent bothered as were having fun in the arcades .....but by the time we came out of the bowling alley the rain was getting heavier.... we had bought cheap brollies in a sale in one of the shops on the way so werent bothered...infact we were having a good laugh hopping from one place of shelter to the next between the thunder and lightening and the torrential outbursts....we had originally planned to go to the funfair on the way back but because of the weather it too had been closed.....we were heading back to the main street for a meal.......we found an italian resturant and had a lovely birthday meal....we got resturant to phone our taxi to pick us up outside......and was driven back to the siesta site in Calella de Palafrugel where we were staying..............we had a brilliant day out despite the weather.....and when we go CDP again in a few weeks am planning to repeat it....but think if I was there for 2 weeks I would get bored as didnt see a lot to do besides the little fair, small arcades, bowling alley, and the beach....but maybe there are are other things there I didnt know about....I know there is a small water park on the outskirts of Rio de aro....and a castle with a lot of interesting history.....tweetie
hi thanks for your reply.we actually considerd cdp as the site looks lovely,what put me off was the beach,although it looks lovely i have a bit of a phobia of rocks and seaweed (strange i know) will have to look more into cala gogo i think and try and make my mind up x
join cala gogos facebook page it has tons of info on the site and activities. ive already booked to go on 31st of may next year and cant wait
thompsonalfresco/calagogo also has a video and more info
aquadiver water park is fairly near, just had a look on google maps. when were you thinking of going ?
hi,around the end of june time all being well as last few times we have gone to costa brave july/august time and had quite bad weather to when i have been in june before.i looked at the water park aswell x
cala gogo have updated their website, it now has a 360 virtual tour of the park. the bit siesta are using is currently empty plots on the tour. guess they will be moving the vans from salou at the end of the season. doesnt look as steep as i thought it would.
was just on their fb page i didnt notice lol,will have to have a nose x
sorry,i didnt read that properly,will have a look on website x
ive just took a virtual walk from gogo to plaja d'aro and then back thro to palamos using google street view. gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect.
does anyone know where i can get currency exchanged in platja d'aro ?
beefy,u will have to let me know what its like seeing you are going a little before me x
they have wifi so if i get bored ill try to pop on the forum from resort
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.