Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
no, but it may not offer what you are looking for.
there will be nightclubs open in september and a few late night bars like the white horse and beach boys will be full of brits but if you are going looking for pubs with a disco and partying to the small hours then your choice is very limited.
lloret will be busy in september and there are plenty of bars open until late with disco/partying.rockefellas is one bar popular with the brits but there are plenty of others.
Not bothered about the disco thing, as I am into indie/rock/alternative/punk etc so I doubt any of them will be my taste anyway! Think Lloret does have a rock bar though. I was last in Lloret in 2005, but I remember it was full of night clubs (some of them empty) but not many late opening bars, but it was a long long time ago and only spent three nights there.

In Salou it was mainly just Irish bands and that was fine but there was a lot of choice.

Just didn't want to go some where the pubs are all virtually empty by 1:00am. I just get the impression from these forums that Calella has suffered a lot from all inclusives and the recession but a lot of posts seem to contradict.

Do you know how big Calella is compared to Salou?
i think salou has more night time entertainment spread over a larger area.
most of the late night life in calella is concentrated around the hotel area in the new town so although the actual towns may be of a similar size the late night bit is smaller.
the white horse does stay open late but does not really get very busy till late and does get busy when the AI hotel bars start charging.this does seem to be the late bar of choice for brits.
if you want to do late bars with a bit of music then i think lloret is going to be much more to your taste as there are numerous bars that stay open till the early hours and 1am is when they are at their busiest.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.