Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
calella
6 Posts
the beach boys bar is normally good for entertainment at night and alcatraz has a devoted following-it used to do bingo every night but i dont know if it still does.papas bar was always the bar of choice for breakfast on arrival and for keeping you amused at night..
trader jacks is good for food and the white horse next door is ok for a late night drink.
there are a couple of restaurants(casa carlos) near the alcatraz pub that do spit roast chicken and rabbit but i think they have become a little pricey. there is also an italian restaurant at the end of that road, i think it is called marina, that is well worth a visit.
there are plenty of small supermarkets where you can get almost all you could want reasonably priced.
cheers jim (once again) going out on 23 aug, cant wait, only ever been to calella market
hola all, got back Wednesday, and a great time was had by all the family, plenty to do , decent entertainment /bars, plenty of night clubs, very good restaurants, even enjoyed the beach, which was a surprise, seaborne assault course is a brilliant idea. enjoyed the banter in Alcatraz pub with john and his posse, but our favourite was the Uruguayan restaurant ''luna gaucha'' the best beef I have ever tasted and very very reasonable also. already looking to go back again next year... calella is certainly NOT dead
Many thanks Bootle, glad to hear you had a good time :tup
I have just got back from Calella yesterday. I enjoyed it, the place was a lot cheaper than Salou and also very lively. I am just kicking at myself for not going into Barcelona, but at the time I couldn't be bothered.

The resort itself does have a Spanish feel to it but it is also very much Brits abroad. There were four British bars and all of them were ok but I prefered the bar scene in Salou as there was more choice.

The main issue I had with Calella is the night life seemed to cater for the under 25s and the over 60s with not much else inbetween. I would go back but probably not as a main holiday but as a base or some where to stay for a very cheap nights it is brilliant.

I just can't help think that Salou was a prettier resort (the mountains, the magic fountains etc) but then it was also a lot more expensive. I certainly think that Calella is probably the best resort on the Costa Brava as it is very lively but not as in your face as Lloret.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.