Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
You might find it just as cheap to book a ready erected tent with someone like canvas holidays or keycamp. Thats unless you want all the camping gear anyway. Have a look at the websites as they have offers for September.
Eurocamp independant lets you book site only with your own gear.

Cheapest crossing is usually Dover-Calais.
You can also find sites on uk campsites and they have some links to the sites.

If you get hold of some brouchures they have all the driving distances in them, to help you plan.

Weather in Brittany is supposed to be similar to the uk, so they say.

Camping cheques are prepaid pitch fees, in a cheque type voucher, if you google camping cheques it should give you further info.
christine w wrote:
You might find it just as cheap to book a ready erected tent with someone like canvas holidays or keycamp. Thats unless you want all the camping gear anyway. Have a look at the websites as they have offers for September.
Eurocamp independent lets you book site only with your own gear.
Cheapest crossing is usually Dover-Calais.
You can also find sites on UK campsites and they have some links to the sites.
If you get hold of some brochures they have all the driving distances in them, to help you plan.
Weather in Brittany is supposed to be similar to the UK, so they say.
Camping cheques are prepaid pitch fees, in a cheque type voucher, if you Google camping cheques it should give you further info.

Wow Christine beat me

Will agree with her on trying ready erected tents first and multi-centre holidays are feasible with Eurowotsit and others though they may not be the cheapest they are good for trying out it you like camping

The cheapest ferry crossing is now Dover Dunkerque with Norfolk lines

IF you do go for buying your own kit then Camping Cheques won't help you as they are for Couples and are only valid in low seasons which you won't be able to get the best out off

In France there is a system of campsites called Municipals they are fairly basic but some are better than others but most of all they are in almost every town and village and best of all they are CHEAP

I have lists and if you want more info let me know by answering this thread
we have now decided to go in a mobile home was looking at la sirene site in france or Les Charmettes site in france then onto salou have a couple of possibilities from private rentals
alinpaul wrote:
we have now decided to go in a mobile home was looking at la sirene site in france or Les Charmettes site in france then onto salou have a couple of possibilities from private rentals

WHICH La Sirene ??

It's a poular name for waterside campsites and as there are over 15000 campsites in France alone (and thanks to a friend I have a Sat nav POI set that has around 20000 European campsites) you'd be surprised how many sites have the same names
It's in Argelès-sur-Mer, Roussillon there is la sirene or la hippocampe apparently can use both sites
Not been but done Argeles many times (we honeymooned there in a Eurowotsit 18 year ago) the site is a good one by reputation
Hope you enjoy it there and don't forget to visit Collioure and have a snack (unless you're flush) in one of the fish restaurants in the artists quarter by the harbour it's one of my favourite places
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.