Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
thanks jimd-f.....we dont bother about beer ect on the coach...but usually have one on the ferry....but a friend we are going with wants to have a few cans on the coach....the last time we went they sold cans on the coach....feel rotten telling him he cant buy it onboard or take a few on...surely they wont object to 2 cans....tweetie
Hi folks, am sick with excitement as have just booked La Siesta for this August! We didnt think we could afford a hol this year and didnt have one last year but I got a good deal with Siesta hols for a Siesta 4 so here we go! I will probably be packed and ready by mid-March!

Its our second time to La Siesta - first time we went with Canvas and were in a great spot by the Vista Allegre bungalows.

Couple questions:

Where are the Siesta 4s sited? and if you are going accommodation only what do you do when you get there? Do you go to main reception or to the Siesta Holidays office first? Where is the Siesta Hoidays office situated?

We were last there in 2008 - has much changed since then? Is the Chinese buffet still at the end of the lane? its our sons favourite and its cheap!

Woop woop - how will I manage to wait 7 months!

Thanks

Abbaye
Hey Abbaye,
we were in CDP for the first 2 weeks of July last year. Went back after an absence of 5 years. There was 8 of us in 2 accomodations, stayed with Keycamp. Their accom was ok, no TV or aircon. Went with them as we got a great price for 2 weeks. Anyhow the park has changed dramaticaly since our last visit. The bar down at the bottom of the main pool has gone and been replaced with a green area with parasols and loungers. The top pool area has also changed, in that the bar and restaurant area have gone, and been replaced with the games room. Both pools now have a wooden fence around them and you have to wait until the pool attendants open gates to let you in. The entertainment stage for the kids was in the process of being set up down beside the main pool, just below the takeaway area. The entertainment was just starting up as we were leaving w/c 12th July. All Siesta Accomodation is in one area, just beside the main pool. You need to report to main reception first to get pass etc, the Siesta reception is right at the Siesta accomodation. Unfortunatley the Chinese buffet has closed down. Siesta prices this year are by far the cheapest!!!!
Hope this helps.
Thanks Homer. THE CHINESE HAS CLOSED DOWN!!! My son is going to flip! Although my desire in life is to keep him happy I am secretly pleased - he wanted to go all the time! We found the prices in the restaurants really steep and the food generally wasnt good (once my hubby ordered a grilled "half rabbit" .... what came was a rabbit with the middle section scraped of all meat - it has obviously gone into a paella! another time we saw a place with meatballs and were really looking forward to some nice tasty traditional meatballs - turns out it was a tin of Campbells meatballs!!) so BBQ'd most of the time, with a few trips to the Chinese Buffet. Had a fab meal on our last night at Chez Tomas in Llafranc so will deffo go there again.

Anyone got any recommendations for good quality reasonably priced meals in Calella?

Thanks Homer for all the other info.

Best wishes
Abbaye
hi homer.....on the site photo's on the net they are showing a big chicken spit at the take away....can you buy whole chickens....are they any good....last time I got a chicken portion from the take away it was swimming in oil, and like it had been kept for ages in an oven...yuk.....but I love the properly spit roasted chickens.....the lads didnt mind the burgers and chips , but they didnt look that good to me either....like Abbaya I found the resturant by the round pool expensive and the food was either rubbish or like the suff I'd buy from iceland, no chef required, and could do better myself....So I shopped in the carrefour supermarket and BBQ'd, or used the oven for pitza.s ect....we were in the delux 8's and the kitchen was good, it had a full size fridge freezer..

We did go for a lovely meal at one of the resturants on the beach...fish platter and a knicker dropper for pud....gorgous.....tweetie
If the spit roast chickens are anything like the ones in Estartit then they are absolutely tiny and not worth the money.

Judging by what you said about the other food then I would imagine the chickens to be the same.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to La Siesta once we've had the little one and is old enough to travel by coach.
Hey Helen / Tweetie /Abbaye,

The chickens in CDP are spit roasted, bit expensive though, think about 8 or 9 Euros, but they do taste good. They cut them in half for you an place in plastic dish and put some juice over it. Pizza is also good from there. We mostly bought from supermarket and BBQ. The pork from local supermercat on site is great for making skewer kebabs with veg, then we just had backed potatoes with them etc.. We ate out once per week down in La Franc and CDP bit expensive though, BBQ is by far cheaper, especially in todays times!!! missed the Chinese...:-(

My sis n law and her family came with us last year (first time for them) they loved it and booked up again with Keycamp, my wife not working just now so we not going, hopefully back next year.

Have you booked up, I was checking and looks like Siesta have great prices this year!!!

Enjoy if you go.

Cheers,
David
hi homer.....Im going in august...been booked since last sept...tweetie
Yes we are going in August too. 2 weeks in a Siesta 4 lodge - will be a bit of a squeeze I suspect coz we are untidy buggers but heh, as with other hols we spent most of the time at the beach/pool and on the lodge deck sipping lovely red Rioja! Ole.
;)
Tweetie / Abbaye,

Please write a post when you return this year, and let me know what the Siesta lodges are like, enjoy ure hols (I am sure you will) not be too long till you are :sun2 :cheers :cheers
hi homer....Ive been to site and stayed in the same type lodge Ive booked for this year...it was a delux 8.....was great....go on the siesta holiday booking site on the net....they have photo's and descriptions on there of all the lodge types.....the delux 8 we stayed in last time was exactly as described on the net...tweetie
Sorry folks, bit of a daft question. In the Siesta lodges are the plug sockets UK? Im sure I read that they were UK ones. Are they all uk or some uk/some Spanish?
Thanks
Abbaye
hi....not been for 3yrs but going this year....they were english plugs if my memory is correct...tweetie
Thanks Tweetie - I will still have to take adaptors becuase we live in France and most of our stuff is French but at least ill know what I need in advance!

I hate having to run around on holiday buying stuff you didnt think of! Once I am there I am going to chill chill chill. We are evening taking paper plates etc so not much washing up!

Cant wait - just under 5 months to go ! HOw will I cope
Hi folks, me again - have a question re what time the Siesta coach arrives at Camping La Siesta? We are driving ourselves so want to try and get booked in before the coach arrives if poss! :D

Thanks v much

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

Never been with Siesta, so could not tell you what time coach arrives. Why don't you enquire with Siesta?

David
Hi Mandy

If all goes well with the journey the coach should arrive around lunchtime. It arrives at Estartit about 11.30am so give it an hour or two to get down to La Siesta (might be stops in between)

Like Homer said though why not check with Siesta.

Helen
hi all.....we got fed up with portadventura as we went Salou for years....and now prefer parafrugel....but this year were are going with friends and they want to go portadventura while we are there....does anyone know if they do excursions to portadventura from parafrugel or the campsite its self ....and the prices.....tweetie
hi all.....that time again ....and just when I think Ive cracked it I get asked a question I dont know the answer to.....

....any one any info on car hire from the reception at palafrugel.....I think I remember seeing something in there about car hire but cant remember....there is no info I can find on the net....and the friends we are going with want to hire one to go port adventura amongst other things....as we are going by the coach it would need to idealy be bookable ect from the reception on site or from parafrugel its self ....I would have phoned to ask but no number for site reception that I can find..

Do you think its feasable to drive to Salou for the day so as to go portadventura.....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.