Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi all....the panic is on...going in a few weeks and only 3 out of 4 cases ironed and packed....and am going to help out with the kids for a week as member of family having a c-section ...and got night shifts either side of that.... :yikes ....and house in a messs...and other things to do to before I go.....including the washing of a load of my stuff needed to be packed....so am ready for going over the wall...

Thing is tickets come and with a sheet about cases weight ect...saying now strictly enforced ...we have always taken hold alls and been told in past they like them better than cases as can stick them in awkward places ...and never really worried about the weights....never had them weighed ect by coach staff..

I decided to get my scales I use for the flights.....and my 3 cases are all between half and 1 kilo over...I am already panicking about getting packed ect in time and dont really have time or energy to start messing with the 3 Ive already packed....

So can anyone who went this year tell me ...have things changed recently....are they insisting on the right size cases now.....has anyone seen people being pulled for wrong size cases....has anyone seen cases being weighed......or am I panicking for nothing.....tweetie
Sorry Tweetie, last time we done bus was 10 years ago, we always fly now as from Scotland, know its a bit dearer than the bus, but wife hated the bus, i liked it though.... saying that now even Ryanair are ripping us off big-time now, charge for everything..
Hi all... Thinking of going to this site next year but my wife is in a wheelchair.

Can anyone tell me if this site is wheelchair friendly?

We've previously been to El delfin Verde further up the coast where the site had ramps to all locations and are wondering if the same applies on this site?
hi Scotchy65, this site is a bit hilly but there are ramps etc for wheelchair use. Hope this helps?
Homer38 wrote:
Hey Abbaye,
we were in CDP for the first 2 weeks of July last year. Went back after an absence of 5 years. There was 8 of us in 2 accomodations, stayed with Keycamp. Their accom was ok, no TV or aircon. Went with them as we got a great price for 2 weeks. Anyhow the park has changed dramaticaly since our last visit. The bar down at the bottom of the main pool has gone and been replaced with a green area with parasols and loungers. The top pool area has also changed, in that the bar and restaurant area have gone, and been replaced with the games room. Both pools now have a wooden fence around them and you have to wait until the pool attendants open gates to let you in. The entertainment stage for the kids was in the process of being set up down beside the main pool, just below the takeaway area. The entertainment was just starting up as we were leaving w/c 12th July. All Siesta Accomodation is in one area, just beside the main pool. You need to report to main reception first to get pass etc, the Siesta reception is right at the Siesta accomodation. Unfortunatley the Chinese buffet has closed down. Siesta prices this year are by far the cheapest!!!!
Hope this helps.

Hi homer
It was about three or four years ago we chatted about CDP amazingly I didn't go hang year and has now been 5 years since I have been to CDP mainly due to losing my then partner who I always went with.
Well I'm over the pain and can face going back
Any of you guys been lately ?
Anything changed ?
Hi,

We have not been back since last visit - (2011 - time flies by!). I do know that Keycamp no longer operate from CDP, think it is only Canvas and Siesta now.
I am hoping to maybe go back next year if we can afford it.
Homer38 wrote:
Hi,

We have not been back since last visit - (2011 - time flies by!). I do know that Keycamp no longer operate from CDP, think it is only Canvas and Siesta now.
I am hoping to maybe go back next year if we can afford it.

Great see you there :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.