Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
The food on the campsite was nice when we was there, but if you want a really nice meal then go into the restraunts in the vllage, we eat at a few and all was really nice, there was a really good one on the front that was excellant but unfortunatley i cannot remember the name, it is opposite the large coffe bar showing on the webcam facing it, for even better food go into Llfranc they are really good, bit more expensive but worth it, you can go the scenic route, or turn left when you come out of the the camp site get to the little roundabout and turn right into Llfranc, 10 min walk lots of places to eat,

Rosie
Thanks Rosie.

I stayed in Llafranc about 20 years ago and loved it so much we did a day trip there with boys last year.

I like the idea of walking there, I believe we can walk around the coast from Calella?

How far is the walk into Celella from the campsite?

Which accommodation did you stay in?

Sorry, so many questions, I'm getting quite excited now, all this warm weather has got me in the mood for it 8)

Jude
Click Here to read our reviews of this campsite (bit old now we could do with a few more recent ones - hint hint :lol: ) The link also has the campsites web address if you'd like to view it.
We stayed in the little what we called huts owned by siesta, and although basic loved them, as we went with friends we was all in the same row and had many a good night with other people we met there, all sat out at night having a tipple or two when we returned from wherever we had gone, the coastal walk is amazing into llfranc roughly 30 mins not rushing well worth it, from the campsite into calella all downhill about 8 mins, have a look at our pics on the costa brava gallery, shows where we stayed and some of the coastal walks, nice boat trip from llfranc to the bat caves as well, that was a good trip for a hour or two, you will enjoy it very relaxing holiday

Rosie
Thanks for those links Rosie, great stuff! 8)
I've forwarded them to my friend who's coming with us.

Only hope the weather improves by the end of May! :?

JudeX
This is a nice place nearby as well. you might already know it, but here is the webcam just in case, nice to check the weather on them, Tamariu just next to Llfanc
http://www.tamariu.eu/webcam.php
http://www.tamariu.com/webcam.html
We are off to Camping La Siesta later this month. Booked a mobile home through Leisure Direction.

I wondered whether anyone has any experience of this company? What are the mobile homes like etc.

Thanks
I will also be at Camping La Siesta in Callela de Parafrugell on the 24th May, went last year and it was great the campsite is very clean and the staff helpful. There is a restaurant on site and a take away grill which is very good or plenty to choose from in port bo alittle walk down the hill , all are very good if you have children with you.
Might see you there... 8)
Great!

Getting suitably excited now 8)

Which accommodation are you staying in Pam?

Do you know what the Siesta lodges are like?

JudeX
We stayed in a holiday lodge last year ,very basic inside but the weather was so good you arent in it much. Staying in a caravan this year just so we can have the a bit more space and a bbq - got alittle fed up of going to resturants every night.
well off to pack now might see you there if not have a good time.
Pam
Have a great time Pam 8)

As you say, may see you there. We are travelling with another family; we have three boys; 7, 13 and 15. Our friends have two boys of 7 and 10. No doubt you'll hear us!

Re the lodges, my hubby likes to cook on holiday but I like to eat out, so not too concerned abot the facilities being basic :wink: Although a BBQ would've been nice.

Are there electrical sockets or a hairdryer there?

Jude
Yes there was a plug above the mirror in the bathroom, have to take travel hairdryer so u can look beautiful.
Ive got 6 yr old girls and will probably be in the bar most evenings or burning the caravan down with the BBQ so see you there and enjoy yourself.
Despite being a regular to Castell Montgri, im seriously thinking of trying somewhere like palafrugell next year if we decide to go to Spain (although i enjoyed Castell Montgri, it's getting a bit chavvy and expensive for my liking now)

We picked up people from this site for our Barca tour, and i have to say that i wasn't impressed from what i saw from the car park, but i've been warned that appearances can be deceptive, and that it's a lovely campsite

anyone got any good links, pics, etc, for this place? Also, we like walking quite a lot when we are in Estartit, so are there interesting places to go walking in this area? Also, what local towns, etc, could we visit by local coach?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but i'm already planning for 2008!! :lol:
.... oh, and i wouldn't be Cidermonster if i didn't ask ... how much for a drink!! :lol:
Hi Cidermonster,

I'm sitting here typing this from the bar at Las Siesta 8)

This is our first time here, having gone previously to Castell Montgri, Cypsela, Tamarit Park, Vilanova etc.

I have to say we are very impressed, it's up there with Cypsela as our favourite so far. It's a lot smaller and quieter than Castell Montgri. Like you, we found it a bit Chavvy too! Far too big and noisy for us lightweights. This is perfect, busy enough to have an atmosphere but still peaceful by day, and lots of free sunbeds by the pool.

We've had a lovely walk to Llafranc beach, the scenery is quite spectacular around here. As for beer prices, sorry to say I only the drink the stuff, haven't yet been to the bar! :D

Still haven't spotted Pam yet, will look out for her today.

JudeX
Lucky you ... im back to reality now with a big pair of overalls on - sigh, this time last week it was shorts and the swimming pool

I looked at the official site for the camp last night, looks really good. I still enjoyed Montgri, but in recent years it's become too chavvy for me now, with parents who don't care what their kids are up to, so i think it may just be time for a change next year ... we love walking, so i guess we will have plenty of places to go

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and thanks! :)
Another question for you Jude if you don't mind ...

As you have been to CM too, how does La Siesta compare pricewise - supermarket, take-out food, restaurant, etc? I saw you put Free sunbeds in your last post too, i know the prices at CM really irk people!!
Hi Cidermonster,

We're staying in one of the campsites own bungalows this year. They are lovely and spacious and make a change from the mobiles but the cooking facilities are more basic. So we haven't done much cooking, tending to survive mostly on baguettes, donuts and beer :P Not looking forward to the post holiday weigh in!
The supermarket here seems to have a good choice and the prices are reasonable, we usually drive to one of the bigger supermarkets to stock up but haven't really felt the need this holiday.

We haven't eaten in the campsite restaurant, just had the occasional takeaway which isn't too exciting.

You're right about the sunbed issue at CM, really peed me off that! Loads of free ones here and no jostling for position.

Off for my morning donut and coffee now then we hoping the sun will come out for a trip to the water park 8)

JudeX
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.