Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
I'm going to hate saying this as I always take my own caravan but have you checked out Eurocamp etc for their deals
Thanks madcaravanner, I've had a look at eurocamp, keycamp, venue, matthews, haven etc, I've probly got too much to choose from. Also thry seem to encourage you to take the car or that it is unusual not to take the car. My idea is that I dint want to have the hassle of the car yet want the freedom of the campsite and \we dont want the package where it seems to be the thing to sit by the pool every day for 7-10 days. Have had a look and like the look of camp du pylone near Antibes but not acted on it yet, any thought still appreciated and will give eurocamp a fresh look
I haven't got an answer for you, Sperrin, but if it's any consolation, we feel the same way i.e. would like to go camping but don't want to take the car. I think the main problems are:

1. campsite miles from anywhere interesting! (and airport/ferry port)
2. you can't take all you need in a 20kg suitcase....I'm sure people tend to take their own pillows, kitchen items, towels etc etc despite the ads saying everything is supplied.
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:47 pm Post subject:
2. you can't take all you need in a 20kg suitcase....I'm sure people tend to take their own pillows, kitchen items, towels etc etc despite the ads saying everything is supplied.
Said Acorncup

Now hate to disapoint but we have some Friends from N.Ireland who go all over Europe Backpacking and they tend to fly from Belfast

Unfortunately her website is not up and running yet
She can be contacted on a Google group called The Chat Line for Internet Campers (CLIC)
mailto:clic-uk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
thanks acorncup and madcaravanner, will follow up your thoughts/suggestions, have had a look at Ty Nadan in Brittany where the activities are goodbut it may force us to hire a car, re this camping fly drive - wish airlines summer schedules were here earlier
sperrin
Hi There,

Destination Nice!

I have stayed on Camping du Pylone in a place called Biot in the South of France and didnt have transport.

It is 2 minutes walking to the nearest train station and Antibes is the next stop down (about 5 minutes).

In the other direction you can travel all along the coast up to Nice itself and even into Italy if you prefer.

It's a beautiful part of the world, so much to see and with regular trains passing each day you really dont need a car at all. Cannes, Monte Carlo, Juan le Pins, etc all within easy reach.

If only I were rich!

http://www.antibes.co.uk/camping

:D
sperrin, what you could do is try argeles near perpignan - ryanair fly there.Argeles has zillions of campsites & also a train station. We have booked cheap flights from glasgow, train tickets on sncf website & taken rucksacks rather than cases. All campsites have washing machines so you can pack lightly & hire bedding from campsite -this cuts down on luggage too. I also agree that nice is a good option
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.