Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think in general the AI in both resorts are not that great. The best AI do tend to be in other resorts Olu Deniz seems to be a good choice for AI. Does it have to be Icmeler/Marmaris?

Stewart
no just have not been anywhere else, dont mind olu deniz but would like marmaris
You tend to find them full of Russian guests whose manners leave a lot to be desired
we had alot of russians in our hotel this year but they seemed ok to me.

Having said that we have booked the holiday village with first choice for next year and i think thats excusivley english
Stef ,have a look at the marmaris palace or its sister hotel next door the turban palace .They are set in a bay between marmaris and icmeler about fifteen minutes each way.

You will find russians all over turkey now ,not just in A/I hotels ,yes some of them have bad manners ,but then again i have met plenty (Brits) who are as bad.

Bluepeterno1
I think you get good and bad manners with all nationalities. We are staying AI in Marti - la - Perla tomorrow so will let you know what its like when we come back. :wave:
I WANT to book a holiday- for dalaman maraimas in the Blue Bay hotel in october 2008.
Has anybody come back or is going to Turkey 2008?.
Also can anybody comment on the differance between the Blue bays Apart and the Blue Bays Dulex Spa hotels All -inclusive.
I have heard some bad comments on these hotels which is giving me cold feet as to travel to Turkey OR NOT.
My daughter stayed at Blue Bay hotel,wasnt impressed with the food,ended up eating out most evenings,as for getting a sunbed,you would have to be up in the middle of the night to put a towel on.
just got back from the marti deluxe resort. Its quite expensive but superb
hi myself and my daughter stopped at the royal gardens they only do AI now we went B&B when it reopened it was lovely the food was great not sure what AI would be like but people there said it was good beautiful hotel very clean lovely staff worth a look

Wendy
I stayed at the Marmaris park next door to Marmaris palace a fab hotel xx
I stayed at the Club Turban last June which was excellent,but the last review wasnt very good.
my partner and i stayed at the club magic life,which is about 5kms from thge centre of Marmaris. ( still classed as in Marmaris tho)
The hotel is 4 star and is very well run. There were not many brits at the hotel and it is fair to say it is a german Resort,mixed with Russian.
Ou welcome meeting consisted of ,well Us!!
That aside the hol was fab.The food was of a high standard and shows nightly.
Would recomend it

Walter
hi
myself and my daughter stopped at the royal gardens they only do AI now

My son stayed here for a week AI about a month ago and said it was a great hotel. He'd definitely recommend it.
hi

WEnt AI in Pintera Deluxe last Sept, was 1st visit to Turkey - rooms clean enough but having been to minorca a few times on AI turkey really doesnt compare - unless you have children who constantly want drinks, snacks etc i wouldnt bother, the last part of the week we went out every night, and had much more entertainment than we would at the hotel. We are back there a week today (YAY) staying at Goldstone (?? any one been this year?) staying B & B really looking forward to it.

jo
Just got back from The Grand Ideal which is AI.
Had a really great holiday in a newly refurbished hotel in a good location.
Lots of reviews on trip advisor!!!

It is definitely worth considering. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.