Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/business/club-world

I can understand your disappointment , but you have got more than what you've actually paid for , it's not the fault of the airline , you have signed up to join their club and you have to abide by their terms and conditions , I assume you have read them ? That's the problem getting involved with this type of thing , you've got no one but yourself to blame , hopefully you will learn from this mistake and make sure the same thing happens again !!
:rofl :rofl :cheers :rofl
  • Edited by andy66 2014-08-02 06:45:35
I see you have posted this " complaint " twice , it makes no difference to your predicament , I'm afraid you will just have to deal with it :D :rofl
I also refer you to the T&C's you signed up to. Surely you read the small print?

However you could try for compo of a million AVIOS if you feel this is the right thing to do.

I would also suggest you ask this question on other travel and frequent flyer forums where there are many experts at answering this kind of question you should get about 1000 or so really helpful replies. Please don't forget to mention the word S C A M somewhere along the line, maybe in the title, it's seems to be compulsory when chasing dubious claims for compo and you have omitted it.

Make you letter of complaint short & to the point - not a long ramble, preferably bullet points. On no account send any photos of luxury seating, decent food, mini bottles of champagne, upmarket lounges, or people enjoying themselves. :rofl :rofl :D :cheers
You jammy person !! Looks divine!! :tup :tup
I've deleted duplicate thread ;)
Oh absolutely you go for it Fiona and while you are at please claim for me as I am traumatised at the mere though of you having to suffer such indulgencies.
As part of your claim you will have to stipulate that you will never ever fly in anything less than Club Class in future or this could set you back on the road to recovery, oh and say something about being in 'therapy' that is what the Americans always add in to get more bucks :rofl
In BA lounge now still trying to calm down. Went up to wt plus a few times to glare at the two who had taken our seats. Missed most of the flight as I fell asleep in my flat bed after too many champagnes and now I have a raging headache! So much trauma. Had to share a cabin with martin clunes. I think he recognised me
Will compose a long rambling letter to BA tomorrow. To cap it off we got into a lift at arrivals and it decided to break down and not open for five minutes.
PS ht keeps trying to log me out for some reason so thought I had lost my original post.
I sense a lot of negativity regarding your experience , it's not the fault of the passengers who took your " booked seats " had you logged into your account you might have seen a change had been made , it is your responsibility and unfortunately for you now entirely your fault .
I'm not sure how you managed to fall asleep , I very much doubt the the lie flat seat and champagne caused this to happen and didn't the crew keep passing through trying to sell unnecessary tat and non winning lottery tickets , I find that very hard to believe !!!
I fail to see what a badly behaving man has to do with your complaint , no doubt you would still be unhappy if he was a professional person , like a doctor for example . ;)
I don't understand your point about the lift , did you not walk down some steps and then endure a 20 min schlep on a clapped out bus with the only available handle to hold on to in close proximity to a rather sweaty persons armpit ? Or is this a lift inside the terminal building ? You do know that pressing the button with the arrows pointing outwards actually opens the doors :duh It makes you wonder if some people are safe looking after themselves ! I blame the nanny state ! Can't even work out how to use the Internet , logging in and out , losing posts :que what's that all about eh ?
:rofl :rofl
andy66 wrote:
I sense a lot of negativity regarding your experience , it's not the fault of the passengers who took your " booked seats " had you logged into your account you might have seen a change had been made , it is your responsibility and unfortunately for you now entirely your fault .
I'm not sure how you managed to fall asleep , I very much doubt the the lie flat seat and champagne caused this to happen and didn't the crew keep passing through trying to sell unnecessary tat and non winning lottery tickets , I find that very hard to believe !!!
I fail to see what a badly behaving man has to do with your complaint , no doubt you would still be unhappy if he was a professional person , like a doctor for example . ;)
I don't understand your point about the lift , did you not walk down some steps and then endure a 20 min schlep on a clapped out bus with the only available handle to hold on to in close proximity to a rather sweaty persons armpit ? Or is this a lift inside the terminal building ? You do know that pressing the button with the arrows pointing outwards actually opens the doors :duh It makes you wonder if some people are safe looking after themselves ! I blame the nanny state ! Can't even work out how to use the Internet , logging in and out , losing posts :que what's that all about eh ?

Ha haaa excellent ( couldn't use smilies as you knocked the allotted quota Andy - tut)
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
andy66 wrote:

Ha haaa excellent ( couldn't use smilies as you nabbed the allotted quota Andy - tut)
I knew something was up as I had logged in to print my bps but it wouldn't let me for the first one. The lift- as soon as the doors closed an alarm went and it came up as out of action. We all just looked at each other and I got that lift joke in my head and hoped it wouldn't be me :rofl
I have already had a traumatic lift experience in the past when we got on with someone famous(no name) who had reportedly treated everyone in the Concorde Lounge to a dance with a mop. She did behave this time but had a bit of a wild look to her face.
I will write my long rambling letter but am going to have to spend the day in a darkened room getting over my trauma, jetlag and a hangover!
andy66 wrote:

:rofl :rofl Ha, ha. Love this post.

I'm sure it will be of good use to the OP when she composes her 5 page letter of complaint, however like yourself feel she may have been the author of a lot of her own problems, by not logging on to 'manage my booking' a gazillion times prior to going on her jollies.

I note she has failed to mention annoying children being allowed in club, people's disgusting feet, lack of space to store personal essentials and the fact that the toiletries are no longer the upmarket British brand of Molton Brown but some foreign French muck.

Now the complainant has added the distressing information that she had to share a cabin with a minor celebrity, a further 500K of miles are not unreasonable in my view, this put her at risk of a DYKWIA moment, it's of no consequence if he is a perfectly decent chap (which I am sure he is) it's all about the risk factor it could have been one of the Gallagher brothers.
Doe
you must have been on the same flight- so perfectly have you described the horrors!
Whilst I have no sympathy for the OP and the quandary she self created it has to be remembered that due to the ying yang system the OP most likely had to fly facing backwards , as not as if this is bad enough the likelihood of also having to possess basic skills of mountaineering to clamber over the feet of total strangers in trying to leave her seat .
It's strange that you mention brothers in your post Doe , it was lucky the celebrity who happened to be on board
was not with his " sidekick " or brother in arms by the name of Morrissey ,........... yes I mean Neil , not the one madly waving gladioli as he warbles about being a Charming Man , although it would fit very well with how the OP feels if she heard Heaven knows I'm miserable now ;) :rofl :rofl
At least it was reassuring to know that during your time of great stress you had the best possible medical care readily available, with his caring, compassionate and friendly manner Doc Martin would have looked after you well.
Well I hope I don't suffer the indignity of having my economy class seat accidentally upgraded next week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.