Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
How about sending a cheque on Monday and advising them of that. It will take about 5 days for it to clear by which time you have enough funds in the bank.

In my opinion they have no choice but to accept this considering the fact that they admitted making a mistake.

Worth a try.

Mrk :)
Send a cheque dated 24th with a copy of the email, you don't need to fully explain. The email shows you have the proof. Realistically it's only a few days different and their mistake.
Can you not pay by the 21st with a credit card, yours or someone elses??? This would give plenty of time to sort your funds.

Robby :wink:
1 - There is a change in the system on clearing cheques. The old problem we had waiting has gone in most cases and they clear in 24 hours.

2 - There was an article in the press re post dating cheques where it would seem that banks often clear them without a check on the dates.

Perhaps a call to advise that you are in the process of transferring funds - bit of cap in hand type groveling might might do the trick. You should of course point out that it is their fault - admitted by them - and as you manage your money it takes time to transfer.

fwh
bit of cap in hand type groveling might might do the trick

I wouldn't grovel at all, it's their cock-up and they have admitted it.
Send the cheque dated 24th on/after 22nd by first class post or even signed for (£1.08) WITH a copy of the email.

In fact date the cheque 21st, but don't send until the 22nd with the email.

Im sure they will be fine if you talk to them tomorrow Lynn.It is their mess up as everyone has said. I would just tell them you have arranged a transfer of money to coincide with the the original payment date and it possibly wont be in your account until then. They should just put an extension on your invoice as long as you speak to them .

You could send them a cheque but you would still need to ring them because of the monday deadline and I think you could be taking a bit of a chance with that . They would probably receive/bank it Tuesday and it could hit your bank within 1-4 days depending on the bank that Thomsons use.I pay both my monthly credit card bills in this way ,one of them hits my bank probably the day after they bank it , and the other 3 days. If you decide to send a cheque I would leave it till at least Tuesday as Robby has suggested

Im sure everything will be fine once you speak to them tomorrow :tup

lyn
yes you definately need to ring them and explain, if they do cancel because you havent paid by tomorrow then you are left out of pocket and without a holiday booked
It does seem a bit heavy-handed.
Sometimes we have booked a year in advance, and then have had to put on the calendar when we should pay by. We don't usually get a reminder! I mentioned this one year and asked what happened if we forgot the date? She said it didn't really matter if the payment was a few days late :shrug

I hope they willl understand if you explain the situation to them.
Good luck!
If the letters were not signed for there is no proof you received them if you don't acknowledge them.
You have the email as back up.

Good luck, but don't think you will need it.

Thanks everyone, I think I've managed to sort out some funds to pay our balance or at least the amount I am short that's being transferred.

I have to say though, that I'm sick of these TO's, if we make a mistake it costs us financially, if they make a mistake it still costs us, not only financially but in stress and it seems to have got worse since the major players jumped into bed with each other.

Just how much more incompetent can they get?
Wonderful, as from 2nd June they no longer accept personal cheques only Bankers Drafts or Building Society cheques.
Its now too late to get the last option as the money is half way to being transferred to the bank and too soon to get the former. Yet a third letter from Thomsons this morning threatening to cancel.

Why the hell are they doing this when its their error. :(
I think its out of order Lynn . Have you spoke to them??? . It seems to me they are trying to force more and more people to pay by credit card so you have no option but to incure there 2-3% charge . Do you not have a bank card , whereby you can use that over the phone as soon as your money is available.
Lyn, I had intended to pay via my debit card this time having transferred funds from the building society for which I had to give 10 working days notice. I checked with them this morning and the funds have left them but the bank say they haven't yet arrived there.

I've just spoken to Roz's PA Pam to find out where I stand legally, she is going to get back to me.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone is trying to tell me that we shouldn't go on this holiday. :que
Lynn . Have you asked the bank if they will honour your transaction until the funds come through .
have you phoned thomson today to find out if they will wait, im sure they will give a couple of days since they would rather not lose the booking and it was their fault
They are messing about. Remind them strongly it is THEIR error and point out the email and the little time they have given in their letters.
They should be bending over backwards to help you.
I personally would contact them and tell them I want the credit card fee waived due to their incompetence, or to wait until it is sorted at your end.

Hope you get a result from Ros. You probably just need what to tell them from a legal aspect.

I'm a bit confused by this - when exactly are you going? I ask because even if the original date of the 24th had been correct then it was always going to be tight booking something on Wednesday 9th July and having to pay the balance off a fortnight later. This sort of deadline was never going to give you much time for transferring funds and ensuring that the balance had cleared even for the 24th July.

SM
have you managed to get this sorted?
if there still funny with you, explain its there fault, and can u pay a bit now and a bit when you get yor money?
just to try and stop them canx your holiday
With the deadline for this holiday I would have thought that total cost of holiday would have been due on actual booking. This is the normal for me I have always found. If they agreed to let you pay this at a later date then this may be why you are having these letters. Someone else is looking at the booking and checking the dates and in their mind the money if overdue.
Hopefully you can sort it out with them and they will allow you to pay when your money becomes available.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.