Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi i think you will loose your deposit.
Could you not shift the holiday to a later date or next year , this way you may not loose anything.
extremely unlightly...

why have you cancelled ? is it medical reasons? if so did you take out insurance before or at the same time as making a booking? if the answer to both is yes you should be able to claim from the insurance, if its for a non medical reason you may still be able to claim but it will depend on the dreaded small print

wizard
Basically the friends we were going with got pregnant and have decided they're not going. We only booked because they wanted us to go with them. We would rather save what we would of spent, and go elsewhere in the summer.
The company won't transfer to anything other than whats in their ski brochure.
We do have insurance all the same.
Doubt if the insurance will cover because someone has in effect changed their mind.

If the friend had been advised not to travel due to the pregnancy then it is possible you could submit a claim.

fwh
who did you book it with
I suppose if the person who is pregnant didn't know at the time, and Jan would put her out of bounds for travelling then her and partner could get their deposit back on the insurance. Don't know that that would help you though :(
A GP can also give evidence to make a claim at any stage of pregnancy if the lady is concerned about travelling. I guess it depends on who is the lead passenger name etc.

Your best bet would be to change the holiday and dates even admin charges for a complete change of holiday would be better than losing all the money.
:D Hi - Of your flight times have changed by 12 hours or more, you would be entitled to cancel, and have your deposit returned to you.
Booked it with Thomas Cook through Crystal Ski. Crystal will only let me change holiday using the same ski brochure, not any of their other brochures for other times of the year.
We had a smilar problem with friends a few years ago. Booked for 6 of us to go away so booked a 2 bed apartment. One friend decided he was going to get married and pull out of holiday. I went to travel agent to find that we couldn't get a smaller room and that for one person to pull out we would get hit with lots of under-occupancy, also costed up a bigger room for him to take his fiance, spent ages going through all the options. It ended up that the person pulling out met the extra costs incurred so the rest of us didn't have to pay extra for him changing his mind.

Could you make the best of a bad lot and go on the ski-ing holiday just the two of you and get the other two to pay anything over and above what you would have paid for your holiday as it is their fault you are out of pocket?

I would never book with friends again. If they wanted to go at the same time as us they could make a seperate booking - once bitten....
Ours is a seperate booking from our friends, the £600 deposit is just for my family. Our fault I suppose for saying we would go with them when we really werent fussy for it..
Looks to me as if your friends might be able to claim on any insurance they have, but you either go or lose your deposit.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.