Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Cape Verde- Q&As
120 Posts
Have been trying to find out myself Laurence.

It isn't with any of the main operators, I know that. If you find someone, I would be grateful if you could post to advise and I will also.

TIA

Kath HT Admin
Hello Laurence and Kath

We have been considering Cape Verde for sometime, however, as the journey is not direct, this has put us of somewhat.

From the reasearch I have done, it would appear we would have to travel with a change in Europe.

Anyway, I have the following link bookmarked

http://www.capeverdetravel.com

On the left hand side under book now, is a link "how to get there" at the bottom of the page, click on route information.

HTH

Driver02
Cheers thanks for that
Hi all,
Hoping to go myself in the next twelve months.
You've probably seen this site, but here it is anyway.

http://www.capeverdetravel.co.uk

Found it on google.
Good luck
Anyone here ever been to any of the islands? We are looking at buying a holiday home( for investment) and these islands are apparently about to be on the charter map. I am finding it difficult finding anyone who has actually been!
Sorry, haven't been, but would suggest that you do a couple of 'inspection trips' off your own bat before you commit. Despite what you've heard about these islands being about to become served by regular charter flights, I've only seen one flight in 13 years from Basel to the capital ... and it's even escaped my mind what the name of that place is! (I DiD look it up at the time!). Do you speak Portuguese?
I do not speak Portuguese Alsacienne. If you go to Expedia you would be surprised by just how many flights there are- I was! I would not be looking to use the apartment/villa myself and would be using a management company. My feelings at the moment are that we probably will not go for it- looking at Brazil, Bulgaria(ski resort), South Africa( lodge) and Panama as well!!
Hi Fiona
Just saw your post on the above.
I have been to the Gambia a few times and always wished I could go to Cape Verde, I know you can get a plane from Dakar via a german airline.
I have a place I look at http://www.planetwindsurf.com weather looks great and also a surfers paradise.
Cher

Edited to fix link
David HT Mod
thanks Cher but I am afraid the link isn't working.
Cher
what a great weblink! I found it so difficult to find anything even with a google search. Looks promising! Thanks so much.
Fiona, I seem to remember that the Cape Verde Islands were featured on A Place In The Sun not so long ago.
I have'nt looked all over but you might find something here

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/buyingabroad/countryguides/index.html
Has it been on already. Amanda Lamb was only out there about 3 weeks ago!
Yes I think it was in the last series on C4.I remember them hopping from 1 island to another and the prices changed dramatically the further away from the airport you got.
Maybe Bawbee will know more,you know what an infatuation he has with Amanda Lamb :lol: :lol:

I remember getting a e-mail from a property site I subscribe to about the CV islands so I've just spent the last hour trawling thru them all and BINGO,I found this

http://www.newskys.co.uk/main/search/search_results.asp?property_type_id=&min_price=&max_price=&bedroom_num=&country_id=154&region_id=132&x=41&y=13
Did you do that just for me Gooligan? How kind! Seems like it is one of the up and coming destinations. I am in the library at the moment as my computer has just decide to give up.I have taken a note of the web address. If I don't reply to any new posts its not that I'm ignoring anybody!!( and going on hols on Thursday!)
I don't know if these programs were connected but over xmas there was a 20 (?) top places to buy a holiday home, 20 (?) best (worst?) songs of all time...etc.

Cape Verde came out quite high. I'd never heard of it. Looked lovely, and prices were good. They described it as the next canary islands, expected to become more popular soon. I'm assuming it's further south than canary islands, therefore may even be a better destination once the charters start?
Yes they are about an hours flying time south of the Canary Islands, on same lattitude as Barbados but a direct flight from the UK would be about 6 hours compared to 9+ to Caribbean.

We are looking to go in January/ February, does anybody know what the TACV ( Cabo Verde Airlines ) seat pitch is on the 757 from Amsterdam ?

Scubaman
I see that Riu are opening a hotel in Cape Verde (17/10/05) in the island of Sal. I don't know yet if any british TO's are featuring it in next year's brochures. I've never heard of the place. I think it will be exciting to see how this place developes, in the years to come. It's will be great having somewhere warm to go to, with only a five hour flight. It will be great to see reviews not only on the Riu Hotel, but also on what the actual island is like.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.