Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We have returned from Capitol Coast 4 days ago
Are you sure you want to know ??????? :(
Hi, Yes, I would be very interested too. I am looking to travel on Sept 10th and wodered if anyone has been?
Thanks
Firstly the appartments a very nice
That said beauty is only skin deep
by the time you go 10th september the second wing of the hotel should probably be complete ????
By then the builders should have left site.
The fire alarm should be working
Fire extinguishers should be in place
Water leaks in appartments should be fixed
Rubble and loose/broken tiles in the pool will have been replaced
Shop will be stocked
Gym and indoor pool will be open
Dont think the tennis courts will be complete for a long time
Lifts should be working all the time
Noise may have gone
And beach may appear
Thanks v much for info. Whats the location like?
Is it near to the Elysium? I am trying to visualise where it is.
Did you try the food as the CCR is offering Half Board.
Resort is between pafos and coral bay
Next to venus beach hotel
There is a ship wreck just offshore in front of CCR it has been there a few years, if that helps.
Food at pool bar was ok
Sorry didn't try food in rest of hotel
Hopefully all the problems in the hotel will be sorted by the time you go but i would not recommend going before you.
Dont say i didn't warn you !!!!!!
:cry so i'm going next week...i assume its going to be a nightmare? Did you complain and are you seeking compensation? Who did you book through?
:whoops Sorry...whats the cost of food and drink like at hotel?
We are booked into the Cpital coast resort on 17th Sept. We expect some teething trouble with a new build, but we also reckon that this is reflected in the low price we have paid for a superior suite. If it`s really bad then I will complain, i tend to give and take I suppose, as long as we can sleep comfortably and quietly, relax and have good food then that will be fine.

We have booked half board. Does anyone else share my views? anyone else travelling there on the same dates.? Any info on food quality?
Regards, Yorkietraveller... :sun2
Kalimera! Wonder if anyone has been at Capital recently? Have found extremly good rates for X-mas and new year, but after what I have been reading here, I'm kind of sceptical :think . I will travel with husband and 3 children (boys), so gym, basket, tennis-courts, in-door-pool etc. should be ready when (if) we arrive... ;) .

yorkietraveller22, pls let us know how it was when you get back :)

Regards
Hi, I went past it and it looked ok. spoke to people who were staying there and they were happy. it just lacks final touches like trees and grass but people seemed to be happy.
however i would really recommend the aquamare hotel and spa if you're looking for a 4-5*. they have kids pirate ship pool with slides and lovely park area for kids near the kids pool area. there is kids club room next to the park. located near the waterpark.
Thank you Victoria :). Hope to get more answers like yours so I can book :D

I have not been to Cyprus for 20 years! Very eager to go back and explore the island by car, foot and bicycle!

Regards

:whoops , Prewied and saw your next answer...

Thank you! I'll have a look at aquamare too, but until now, I have not seen that one, probably because I'm searching for two-bedroom- for all 5 of us.
Hi, The CCR is owned by Lion resorts and they are also constructing a large beach front Hotel & Spa down on the harbour - waterpark road near the amathus beach. It is not due to open till spring 09 but is in excellent location.

If you are looking for 2 bedroom I realise it is v difficult, spesh if u want a Hotel. As far as i am aware the Aquamare dont do those rooms but they do certainly have family room for 4 people and they are large, so I imagine an extra sofa bed would not make a difference. If you go to their own website then, email and ask Im sure it would be ok. they have indoor pool you see which was lovely, and also they definately have interconnecting rooms as I was in one.

I am not sure whether the aliathon is open but this is a family resort - now a 'first choice holiday world.' and will certainly do the 2 bed apts that you want. It is lovely inside as i went for a nosey. V nice but of course theres lots of activities and big parties of families etc on All Inclusive and I preferred the much quieter aquamare. (I used to be a travel agent you see so am very nosy about Hotels) and have been to Paphos few times so please feel fre to let me know how u get on. x
I have only just joined this site hence the dealy. I went to Capitial cost on 8th Sept for a weeks honeymoon. Yes some landscaping still needs doing as a lack of trees and grass outside, the corridiors are a bit bland( but you do not sleep in the corridiors) . Eveything else fan b8888y tastic. The rooms are lovely the staff are lovely. The pool areas are lovely. Although the spa not completed come on!!!! 32degress outside gorgeous sunshine who wants to be inside. The only tiny bad thing I can say is the breakfast gets reptative and as always when away not the same as home.(ie sausauges and stuff) but then again not at home and it certaily hit the spot. All I can say to any one who is going soon lucky you. Do not miss the sunset on the roof top bar and have a cocktail for me!
:sun2 Got back from Capital Coast resort last Thursday, all I can say is that we had a great time, we booked through a local internet travel agent ( yorkshire area ) and got a 3 bedroom executive suite with half board at a very reasonable supplement, 3 bathrooms, full kitchen, big plasma tele in lounge and smaller versions in bedrooms.

Very relaxed atmosphere, staff great and very honest, my wife accidentally left out her rings and necklace one day and they were not touched by cleaners, so I tipped them anyway.

beach needs sorting, but plenty of sunbeds on large grass area at beach front and around the lovely pools.

food and service first class, I read that some people felt breakfast was monotonous, but we found everything from fresh fruit to cheeses, bread selections, cerials and of course the "full Bifta" english breakfast with as much as you could eat. Toast and jams also and as much tea and coffee as you like.

Main meals were equally as good. Buffet style with starter that was usually a theme, so different every night.

Would recommend any time for a good family holiday
We hired a car from airport with no problems and had it for 2 weeks, went all over the island.
;)
Hi Yorkietraveller :)

Happy to hear you had a great time, because it made me decide to book for X-mas :sun2

The one thing I still would like to know is if the indoor pool is ready, and if there is any activities for the kids? We will have a car all the time to travel around, but I guess it would be a +++ to have something to do indoor if the weather is bad (as it can be at X-mas)...

Victoria, thank you for suggestions :) . Aliathon looks nice too, but guess the prices compared to quality, specialy on rooms, have made me go for Capital. :cheers
Contrary to what one poster says The Capital Coast Resort is NOT owned by Lion resorts.
The owners are Kouroushi Brothers and Lion resorts are simply a marketing company.
Lion resorts sell timeshare on the island and own nothing despite what they would like people to believe.
For some reason I missed this topic first time around. In October 2008 I was PAID to visit this development with a view to buying into the "Holiday Club"

I am pleased to hear that some of you have visited and had a good time. When I visited it was very obvious that the quality of workmanship left a great deal to be desired. The "excuse" given was that it had only just opened and they were still working to finish it. If it had been here in the UK it would not have been passed and would not have been allowed to open - bare wiring, trip hazards, water leaks evident even where it would need to come through several floors, plus other problems.

I took the cash and left - I would not have stayed there even if they were paying me to do so.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.