Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Captains Table
10 Posts
What? you pay all that money and you want to dine with the crew!!
simple just ask..you may be lucky
Well you might be gutted but ...... don't think the Captain actually sits with anyone on the Thomson cruises, its a sort of "queue up to shake his hand" cocktail thing before the evening dinner. (And of course have your photos taken)
I could be wrong of course as I never actually attended any of them, but didnt see any photos of anyone eating with him!
Let us know how you go on anyway :smile:
I've sat at the Captains table on the Dream :tongue however the Captain wasnt present it was one of the solos events we then hadreserved seats in the Show Lounge :D
Hubby and I had an invite to the Captain's table on the Thomson Spirit in September (it was actually the Staff Captain we dined with as the Captain himself had to oversee two Captain's receptions).

We had taken the celebration package as part of the cruise (it was our Silver Wedding) and we dined with two other couples who were also celebrating. The photos don't get put out for general viewing, we had a free copy delivered to our cabin. We also had a champagne reception before dinner and reserved seating in the show lounge along with free drinks during the show.

Not bad for a first cruise really when you think of those who are hardened cruisers and don't get the chance we did.
Do you get any different food if you sit at the Captain's table then or do you have the same menu as everyone else?

There were some people at the Captain's table when we cruised (12 years or so ago) but I can't say I took much notice of what was going on or what it entailed. Is it a big deal to sit there?

The Maitre d' was much more entertaining than our Captain as I recall. If anyone sailed on the Ausonia around the early 2000's I'm sure you would all remember Frankie. He was an absolute star!
invites to the captains or officers tables normally consist of repeate travellers,special occasions like wediings etc or sometimes even a chance meeting with an officer who you get on with !!!
most ships officers can be seen mixing with guests most evenings in the bar/lounge so you may be lucky.
one way of not getting invited to dine is to ask a officer what is the difference between a ship and a boat !!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.