Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
DERV Jeep type vehicles are common here about Rs700/day not very fast but very strong bull bars included, quite right regarding scooters India/Goa is no place to learn to ride a bike, you will be safe in a jeep.

lez
This might help. They start at Rs700 per day.
Thanks dribyar :D

I quite like the idea of rattling around in one of those little vans and shouting "taxi??!!!" at every Goan I see :wink:

Helen
Thanks for the info Lez,

I was going to pm you for names, details etc but I've seen your post. If possible could you give me the taxi drivers details you mentioned in an earlier thread? We need to get to from airport etc and for the first few days, and would rather deal with a recommended driver. We're going to be in Candolim, so I don't know if that needs taking into consideration for the driver.

Also - any names/numbers for the jeep hire? I've got dribyars advice but always like to have a couple of options up my sleeve :D

Helen
Piglet - keep your money in your pocket.

For 700 rupees you can get a taxi and driver for the day (you will need to barter). I have drove in many countries and even though driving in Goa does not phase me I still would use the taxi. They are used to the roads and can find the locations you are looking for. Maps are not very accurate and roadsigns are almost non existent for the small places.

It will take the stress out of driving and you can go anywhere. Sure for longer journey's you will need to pay extra, but locally there is loads to see, so venturing very far is not necessary.

Have fun!!

McGroogle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.